Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hho up date
tristate Offline

hho up date
1997 toyota Tacoma 81000 mi on it. EPA rating is 19 city 23 HWY. Took a Savefuel.ca and modified it somewhat, the normal spacing on the plates is one-quarter i went 3/8. Also put a site gage on the bubbler it was give to me just wanted to try it and see what i could do with it. Only mods on the truck is i took and wraped the 02 censor with alumium foil 5 inches before and after on pipe and censored itself. Not producing a lot of gas but its not real bad either havent checked it just looking inside bubbler its prodcuing pretty good gas. First tank of gas was a bit disappointing averaged to about 22 city and HWY. Second tank was a bit surprised averaged at about 25, I was trying to work on 26 or 27 may make it may not do not want to try tricking computer as of yet toyota seems to be a pain in that catergorie cant use spacers on 02 censors. Mine has a 2 bolt style not a screw in, havent seen any kind of spacer avaible for theses particular 02's. If i can manage 27 i Will be pretty happy truck has never really been good on gas for its size any suggestions let me know it would much much appreicated. thanksSmile
07-28-2008 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: hho up date
Don't complain. I bet you can use an EFIE.

FWIW, older vehicles seem to get better mileage on hho as well.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-28-2008 07:15 PM
tristate Offline

colchiro Wrote:Don't complain. I bet you can use an EFIE.

your right i can probably use EFIE on my truckbut i havent decided if i wanna do that yet. I may actually try using 3 or 4 gaskets on the 02 censor as a spacer not sure about that yet, just a thought after this tank of gas i will make a decision thanks.
07-28-2008 08:02 PM
tristate Offline

tristate Wrote:

your right i can probably use EFIE on my truckbut i havent decided if i wanna do that yet. I may actually try using 3 or 4 gaskets on the 02 censor as a spacer not sure about that yet, just a thought after this tank of gas i will make a decision thanks.
little more about my setup. i have it wired with a 15 amp fuse. have it hooked through a seperate switch and ignition will not run with ignition off. can turn off and on when truckis running. First thing i noticed at 15amps i could tell the draw on alternater at idle so i have droped amps two 10 and 12 cannot tell any difference at idle at this amperage. truck seems to run smoother seems a little peppier exaust pipe deffiantly shows a little moisture. exceleration seems to be a little smoothier if that makes since dont really know the reason for that but its deffinalty different. have another HHO unit im making and im almost done with it is like a MAGDRIVE unit brother in law bought one and im copying it and trying to do a few modifications on it have stopped everything for now just tinkering with what i have on the truck now. Have read a lot of different articles and starting to believe that each vheicle requires a different amount from others mines seems to work good at 10 & 12 amps not sure how much gas it is producing will check when i get time. thanks
07-28-2008 08:17 PM
tristate Offline

tristate Wrote:
tristate Wrote:

little more about my setup. i have it wired with a 15 amp fuse. have it hooked through a seperate switch and ignition will not run with ignition off. can turn off and on when truckis running. First thing i noticed at 15amps i could tell the draw on alternater at idle so i have droped amps two 10 and 12 cannot tell any difference at idle at this amperage. truck seems to run smoother seems a little peppier exaust pipe deffiantly shows a little moisture. exceleration seems to be a little smoothier if that makes since dont really know the reason for that but its deffinalty different. have another HHO unit im making and im almost done with it is like a MAGDRIVE unit brother in law bought one and im copying it and trying to do a few modifications on it have stopped everything for now just tinkering with what i have on the truck now. Have read a lot of different articles and starting to believe that each vheicle requires a different amount from others mines seems to work good at 10 & 12 amps not sure how much gas it is producing will check when i get time. thanks
good work is gowing on here http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/20...ncy.energy
08-01-2008 06:15 AM