Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
home made dry cell
hhagen_1 Offline

home made dry cell
I got bored today and decided to install my home built dry cell that was putting out between 1/2 and 3/4 of a liter of gas in my 92 Saturn. I got it up and running and the car sounds better and it had a hesitation on light acceleration witch is all but gone.
I will let everyone know once I get some tests done on fuel mileage. I still have some tuning to do like installing the resistors across the temp and air temp sensors and building the map sensor controller but it runs and that is a start.
About this cell it has 9 plates in a - n n n + n n n - configuration was going for 11 but miss drilled 2 neutral plates. right now it is a crude looking thing with the supply tank is a 14" piece of black ABS pipe with a cap on the bottom and screw cap on top. using baking soda for now but plan on getting KOH later on to run in it. I ran out of eyes for the wire tonight so the ground is wedged under a bolt fron the relay that runs the ground witch is a 30 amp. well I will keep everyone posted when I get some results after the tuning is done.
Thanks to all here how gave me all the great advice on this site.
09-23-2012 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply