Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
homemade fuel vaporizer
pdai11 Offline

homemade fuel vaporizer
Just made a fuel vaporizer taken ideas from various videos from youtube but it has to be filled manually as it is for a diesel and i read an article from George Wiseman to use gasoline for improved vaporizing instead of diesel.
I was considering to build one similar to the British designer Dunball ( lawbright.com ) but could not get any information on how to connect a float switch to a fuel solenoid through a relay
Made my vaporizer using a s/s 1 liter flask with 3 x 4mm breather for sucking air in and connected a 5 foot hose to the air intake 5 inches before the turbo.
I have an EFIE but have not connected as reading the AGS vaporizer sites, it does not need an EFIE or maybe.
Today had done a 200 mile run but seems no difference.
Tomorrow i will be doing another 200 mile run.
Should i fit the EFIE or the cars computer needs time to learn ?
03-18-2013 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: homemade fuel vaporizer
My first question is if the fuel vaporizer is actually working. You should be experiencing more horsepower, even if you don't get better mileage. Are you? If not, I would make sure that your vaporizer is actually making vapor.

If you can verify that it really is making vapor and particularly if you are getting HP increase, but no mileage increase, then yes, you can benefit from using an EFIE.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-18-2013 06:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

Hi Mike
I think my vaporizer is making vapor as i filled it with around 200ml, driving 200 miles would use around 100ml and i'm 100% sure it would not be sucked up through the intake as the flask is a foot tall.
At the moment i do not know if my BHP has increased as the speedo valve in my gearbox has broke, causing car to stutter on certain speed but will be fixed this weekend.
What other way can i test if it actually produce vapor ?
thanks
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 01:41 PM by pdai11.)
03-19-2013 01:40 PM
mike Offline

I can't really think of another way.

In that case, you should probably just get an EFIE installed. There's really no question that you'll get more mileage gains with the EFIE. I just wanted to see what your result was before recommending it. If you get a 35% increase without an EFIE it won't help much. But if not, then you'll need one.

That's basically all I was asking for.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2013 02:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

Thanks Mike but i very doubt i can get as much as 35% increase as it is a diesel, i'll be happy if i get around 20% but i will fit the EFIE and tell what my results when everything is working fine.
03-25-2013 01:47 PM
pdai11 Offline

(03-20-2013 02:06 PM)mike Wrote:  I can't really think of another way.

In that case, you should probably just get an EFIE installed. There's really no question that you'll get more mileage gains with the EFIE. I just wanted to see what your result was before recommending it. If you get a 35% increase without an EFIE it won't help much. But if not, then you'll need one.

That's basically all I was asking for.

Hi Mike
recorded over several weeks of using the fuel vaporizer i made, i calculated an increase of around 14% using unleaded gasoline on diesel. One thing is, i'm not sure if i connected to the best place for the vacuum, it is connected to the air intake pipe in the middle going to the turbo charger but don't know where else to go.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 11:25 AM by pdai11.)
04-16-2013 11:21 AM
Edostar Offline

(04-16-2013 11:21 AM)pdai11 Wrote:  i'm not sure if i connected to the best place for the vacuum, it is connected to the air intake pipe in the middle going to the turbo charger but don't know where else to go.

Hi pdai11.

Your fuel vapour needs to track engine revs so a venturi vacuum is the best.
If you can't find a venturi; perhaps you could try feeding PCV pressure into your vaporizer to push the vapour out and into your air inlet.
I use this system all the time on my HCS installations.
PCV follows engine revs and its warmth should help vaporize the gasoline too.

Dan.

Download HCS Installation files.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 07:48 PM by Edostar.)
04-17-2013 05:00 PM
Thor Offline

homemade fuel vaporizer
(03-18-2013 03:25 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Just made a fuel vaporizer taken ideas from various videos from youtube but it has to be filled manually as it is for a diesel and i read an article from George Wiseman to use gasoline for improved vaporizing instead of diesel.
I was considering to build one similar to the British designer Dunball ( lawbright.com ) but could not get any information on how to connect a float switch to a fuel solenoid through a relay
Made my vaporizer using a s/s 1 liter flask with 3 x 4mm breather for sucking air in and connected a 5 foot hose to the air intake 5 inches before the turbo.
I have an EFIE but have not connected as reading the AGS vaporizer sites, it does not need an EFIE or maybe.

Perhaps the lessons of my Uncle could best assist to answer your question. My Uncle bought an EFIE for his car, the EFIE did well with it. Then he decided to try the AGS MPG and didn't see any difference with all the vapors the MPG puts out.
So, he went to a salvage yard and found another car identical to his, and bought the computer chip from them for $10 bucks. When he did that, he saw his results shoot up. Best my Uncle and I could figure is, that computer chip takes orders from the EFIE and couldn't see the AGS MPG and ignored all the extra vapors.
Suggestion install your vaporizer before you install your EFIE as the computer chip might not see your AGS MPG system. Either that or, the EFIE was working and the old computer chip was going and. Moral of this story, they both work. As my Uncle saw a 20mpg increase with the AGS MPG and EFIE on.
04-18-2013 08:32 AM
rpatzer Offline

(04-18-2013 08:32 AM)Thor Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 03:25 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Just made a fuel vaporizer taken ideas from various videos from youtube but it has to be filled manually as it is for a diesel and i read an article from George Wiseman to use gasoline for improved vaporizing instead of diesel.

Perhaps the lessons of my Uncle could best assist to answer your question. My Uncle bought an EFIE for his car, the EFIE did well with it. Then he decided to try the AGS MPG and didn't see any difference with all the vapors the MPG puts out.
So, he went to a salvage yard and found another car identical to his, and bought the computer chip from them for $10 bucks. When he did that, he saw his results shoot up. Best my Uncle and I could figure is, that computer chip takes orders from the EFIE and couldn't see the AGS MPG and ignored all the extra vapors.
Suggestion install your vaporizer before you install your EFIE as the computer chip might not see your AGS MPG system. Either that or, the EFIE was working and the old computer chip was going and. Moral of this story, they both work. As my Uncle saw a 20mpg increase with the AGS MPG and EFIE on.

Thor- the ECU always takes its orders from the O2 sensor or an EFIE modified ECU. The O2 purpose is to maintain that 14.7:1 ratio. With more vapor there should be less liquid but with greater "fuel potential" since the vapors are the desired end product.
04-18-2013 09:12 PM
Thor Offline

homemade fuel vaporizer
rpatzer, so you're saying my Uncle didn't need to replace his computer chip? Even though when he did, it worked fabulously?
04-19-2013 08:54 AM