Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
homemade fuel vaporizer
hhofox Offline

RE: homemade fuel vaporizer
Maybe he rust needed to reset his computer, or it really was going bad. Either way, it was smart thinking for you guys to keep on trying instead of just giving up. It's always good to start at the basics. An extra 20MPG is nothing to laugh at! You probably could get more if you just went one step further and tried HCS.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 10:32 AM by hhofox.)
04-19-2013 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

(04-19-2013 08:54 AM)Thor Wrote:  rpatzer, so you're saying my Uncle didn't need to replace his computer chip? Even though when he did, it worked fabulously?

It seems to me that if your chip was bad, it would have shown up earlier with performance problems. I am not sure why the increase/benefit.
04-19-2013 10:20 PM
Thor Offline

homemade fuel vaporizer
(04-19-2013 10:20 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 08:54 AM)Thor Wrote:  rpatzer, so you're saying my Uncle didn't need to replace his computer chip? Even though when he did, it worked fabulously?

It seems to me that if your chip was bad, it would have shown up earlier with performance problems. I am not sure why the increase/benefit.

I was between shocked and stunned at how my Uncle's fuel economy increased once we replace it, by assuming his computer was bad. Can your engine still run fine with a bad computer chip? I don't know what think except that computer chips can be a real big problem for engine upgrades. Never the less, I think I learned something, that computers can be the problem, not just the 02 sensors.
04-20-2013 07:28 AM
pdai11 Offline

Hi pdai11.

Your fuel vapour needs to track engine revs so a venturi vacuum is the best.
If you can't find a venturi; perhaps you could try feeding PCV pressure into your vaporizer to push the vapour out and into your air inlet.
I use this system all the time on my HCS installations.
PCV follows engine revs and its warmth should help vaporize the gasoline too.

Dan.

Hi Dan
Thanks for your suggesting, my van is a diesel which it has no PCV, been looking under the hood for several times, not even a vacuum hose, looked on the internet, there states that diesel does not have any vacuum hoses, don't know if true but i haven't check other diesel cars
(04-18-2013 08:32 AM)Thor Wrote:  [quote='pdai11' pid='37969' dateline='1363649107']
Just made a fuel vaporizer taken ideas from various videos from youtube but it has to be filled manually as it is for a diesel and i read an article from George Wiseman to use gasoline for improved vaporizing instead of diesel.
I was considering to build one similar to the British designer Dunball ( lawbright.com ) but could not get any information on how to connect a float switch to a fuel solenoid through a relay
Made my vaporizer using a s/s 1 liter flask with 3 x 4mm breather for sucking air in and connected a 5 foot hose to the air intake 5 inches before the turbo.
I have an EFIE but have not connected as reading the AGS vaporizer sites, it does not need an EFIE or maybe.
Today had done a 200 mile run but seems no difference.
Tomorrow i will be doing another 200 mile run.
Should i fit the EFIE or the cars computer needs time to learn ?

Perhaps the lessons of my Uncle could best assist to answer your question. My Uncle bought an EFIE for his car, the EFIE did well with it. Then he decided to try the AGS MPG and didn't see any difference with all the vapors the MPG puts out.
So, he went to a salvage yard and found another car identical to his, and bought the computer chip from them for $10 bucks. When he did that, he saw his results shoot up. Best my Uncle and I could figure is, that computer chip takes orders from the EFIE and couldn't see the AGS MPG and ignored all the extra vapors.
Suggestion install your vaporizer before you install your EFIE as the computer chip might not see your AGS MPG system. Either that or, the EFIE was working and the old computer chip was going and. Moral of this story, they both work. As my Uncle saw a 20mpg increase with the AGS MPG and EFIE on.

Hi Thor
Thanks for your suggestion, i had my vapor system fitted without the EFIE at first, several days ago, i fitted the EFIE, tested for the day and removed it. First it was connected to the MAF, reduced 1.5v and my van was struggling to move, tried it on the MAP and it was the same, the max i can reduce was about 600mv and so decided to remove, the CTS and IAT were fine when i first tried them without adjusting the MAP/ MAF.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 04:54 PM by pdai11.)
04-20-2013 04:36 PM
Edostar Offline

pdai11.

All 4-stroke engines have PCV.
As the piston rises during the compression stroke; some of the atomised fuel and air mixture leaks into the crankcase around the piston rings.
This is known as 'blow-by' and as the crankcase is otherwise sealed against oil leaks; this blow-by pressure builds up and will force oil past the gaskets and oil seals if not ventilated.
Thus there must be a hose ventilating this blow-by or you'd be leaking oil big time.

Dan.

Download HCS Installation files.
04-22-2013 06:12 PM
pdai11 Offline

All 4-stroke engines have PCV.
As the piston rises during the compression stroke; some of the atomised fuel and air mixture leaks into the crankcase around the piston rings.
This is known as 'blow-by' and as the crankcase is otherwise sealed against oil leaks; this blow-by pressure builds up and will force oil past the gaskets and oil seals if not ventilated.
Thus there must be a hose ventilating this blow-by or you'd be leaking oil big time.

Dan.

Hi Dan
My van has one of the worst engine layout, when you pop the hood, half of the engine sits behind the bay and everything is very awkward to get into, the crankcase cover even has an extended funnel to pour oil into, thats why i cannot find the PCV valve. The EGR valve can only be seen half from under the vehicle, really bad design, garage wouldn't even change the glow plugs as it is a big job, injector rails, clamps, hoses, brackets has to be removed to access.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 07:49 AM by pdai11.)
05-18-2013 07:47 AM