Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hose length
donnyonee Offline

hose length
im thinking of doing my smart car with a generator, i started out for my ranger but what im reading is some fords dont adapt very well. the question is the generator will be in front of the radiator behind the grill, but the motor is in back, im thinking the supply hose will be 8-9 ft long, what will my problems be with this length?
thanks
nu b don

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-10-2008 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: hose length
Hi Donny.

We have users here that have their unit in the trunk and run their hose to the front without any problems. Make sure you use a grommet for holes passing thru sheet metal to keep sharp edges from causing leaks. Bear in mind, you'll need a heavy wire, at LEAST 10 gauge between your cell and power source to keep your voltage drop to a minimum. Note that when using gauge, smaller is bigger, i.e. 8 gauge wire is thicker than 10 gauge.

Since the smart car is only 4 ft long so you'll probably only need half that length.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 09:41 AM
donnyonee Offline

:-) okay
11-11-2008 10:45 AM
colchiro Offline

I assume your battery is also in the trunk, right? (So you also need a 12 volt wire that runs the length of the vehicle.)

I hope you're wrong about the Fords since I just traded from a Toyota and that was one of the reasons.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 10:54 AM
donnyonee Offline

batt is under pass floor, and thats what i read about ranger 3.0? if someone knows elsewise please speak up.
11-11-2008 11:04 AM