Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
+--+--, housing designs ?????
jjw2564 Offline

Question +--+--, housing designs ?????
Every where I read I see different ways people make there cell designs. Some say ++---++, +N--N+ and so on. What is a good design for a nice out put. I am using 316 ss. Now mine are +-+-+-+-+-+ I guess that is wrong from everything that I am reading. I dont understand the neutral that people are talkn about. There is a + and - in cars. Is a neutral just a plate not connected to any thing? If so what is its purpose.
I am trying to install a cell in my 2003 Saturn Vue, I started with the G4F design, but I guess that was a bad idea on my part. Now I see an idea about using 3-4 pvc, is that good setup. I'm looking for a good design someone has used and work for them. Any help with a new design that is easy to come by and new plate stacking order would be great help. My plates are 2x4 with tabs and I have 11 of then. Thanks
02-24-2009 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: +--+--, housing designs ?????
Maybe this thread will give you some insight. http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php...749&page=2

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-24-2009 02:06 PM
tohmahak Offline

Indeed, the neutral plate are the plate in between the + and - that aren't connected. They're used to divide the voltage between each plate. We do this because 1,48 volt is what is needed for electrolysis the rest is wasted in heat.
So if you have + - you have 12volt so about 10 volt of your power is wasted in heat. instead if you make a + n n - youll have 4volts between each plate, this is going to more efficient since you now waste two volts in heat instead of 10.

just watch out not to go under 2volts. According to me a good setup is between 4 and 6 neutral plates depending on you electrolyte concentration.
02-24-2009 02:19 PM
pfai Offline

You have 11 plates, here is a good arrangement, -NNNN+NNNN- or +NNNN-NNNN+ either one works. The neutral plates allow you to cut down on amp draw and heat.
Paul
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2009 02:21 PM by pfai.)
02-24-2009 02:20 PM
colchiro Offline

This design looks promising: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php...7#pid27507

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-24-2009 03:12 PM
jjw2564 Offline

If I were to go with the -NNNN+NNNN-, That is enought surface area on the threee plates +-+ to produce hho, with all the NNNN plates that dont produce hho since they are not connected to any thing. should I make a new housing or the g4f housing good to us with this config.
02-25-2009 09:50 AM
colchiro Offline

Neutral plates divide the voltage between the pos and neg plates, become charged and also produce hho. If you were to put a voltmeter between 2 neutral plates, you'd see this.

The only surfaces that don't produce are the outside edge of the end plates, since there's no opposing plate.

Rick

02-25-2009 02:28 PM
jjw2564 Offline

One last question. Do I have to connect these neutral plates together with a bolt or just cut off my tabs and leave them. I am going to try this and see what happens. I think I am going to try and use my g4f housing too.
02-25-2009 10:08 PM
colchiro Offline

Neutral plates are called "neutral" since they have no electrical connection. I assume your tabs are where the electrical connections are made? I'd leave them, unless there's a good reason to cut them off.

Rick

02-26-2009 04:09 PM