Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i wire two gen's in series?
sax88player Offline

how do i wire two gen's in series?
Hey, can someone tell me in the simplest way possible how to wire two gens in series? thanks!

~Cory
12-11-2008 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
john m Offline

RE: how do i wire two gen's in series?
Series means you have two loads between B+ or battery positive and your ground- in a straight line. To wire yours in series you run your positive to the pos+ post of your first gen then the neg- from that gen goes to the B+ lead on the second gen and that neg- is run to ground. Does that make sense? john.
12-11-2008 03:12 PM
benny Offline

RE: how do i wire two gen's in series?
john m Wrote:Series means you have two loads between B+ or battery positive and your ground- in a straight line. To wire yours in series you run your positive to the pos+ post of your first gen then the neg- from that gen goes to the B+ lead on the second gen and that neg- is run to ground. Does that make sense? john.

V+..(G1+)(G1-)..(G2+)(G2-)..V-

Keep in mind that, connected in series, the voltage across each generator will be half the voltage supply, assuming each generator is identical in characteristics (construction). eg. if your supply voltage is 12V then you will have 6 volts across each generator. Not much use if each generator is designed for 12V usage. In that case you would need to connect the generators in parallel, both Gen+ connections to V+, and both Gen- connections to V- otherwise cell voltage would be well below the threshold for decent HHO generation..ie you would be hard pressed to get much usable current through each (both) generator(s). (unless you went for overkill with electrolyte concentration, but even that will most likely produce doubtful results)

Series:

V+..(G1+)(G1-)..(G2+)(G2-)..V-
V+ [ 6V ]..[ 6V ].. V-
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2008 04:50 PM by benny.)
12-11-2008 04:45 PM