Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how much difference does 10 Mili-volts make?
sax88player Offline

how much difference does 10 Mili-volts make?
Hey guys, I am just playing around with my EFIE and trying to figure where a happy place is... and I was just wondering how much of a difference 10 mili-volts would make. I was reading somewhere that someone suggested changing it in 50 mili-volt increments, but I just wanted to verify that 50 was a good way to go about it without "overshooting" and completely bypassing the sweet spot.

Thanks!

~Cory
11-26-2008 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: how much difference does 10 Mili-volts make?
We recommend 50 mv to get you in the ballpark. There's nothing wrong with fine tuning after you get there.

To answer your question, it'd probably be hard to tell 20 mv.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-26-2008 10:19 PM
sixmenn Offline

I initially had my ZFF EFIE set at 250 mV, but noticed worse gas mileage. Now I've been trying to fine tune it starting at 50 mV and then working my way up by 25 mV increments.

My question is this: With the vehicle running and the EFIE on and connected, should I notice a difference in the performance (sound, feel, etc) as I adjust the EFIE through its range? I ask because I expected to sense some difference, but regardless of whether I added 25 mV or cranked it up to 275 mV, I noted no change in engine speed or sound.

colchiro Wrote:We recommend 50 mv to get you in the ballpark. There's nothing wrong with fine tuning after you get there.

To answer your question, it'd probably be hard to tell 20 mv.

1994 Camry 2.2L 4 cylinder
Smacks Booster
ZFF EFIE with 50 millivolt offset (still tuning)
IAT parallel 10K resistor
CTS parallel 3.9K resistor (removed for winter)
MAP sensor enhancer
Fuel pre-heater
12-01-2008 06:27 AM
colchiro Offline

Assuming a properly installed efie, many people notice a loss of power or a CEL as the efie turned too high. Obviously not all vehicles work the same. Some just silently go into open loop (which typically will be very responsive and peppy since it's typically a bit rich). There's no guarantees.

Mike has suggested in the past that you can't count on a change in idle when adjusting an efie.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-01-2008 03:45 PM
stl_hemi Offline

Well 10mv on my truck was the diffrence it took to bring bank 2 of my LT fuel trims to 0% like bank 1 was with 10mv less. Fine tuning. Smile

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
12-01-2008 03:50 PM
colchiro Offline

10 mv with a code reader isn't the same as checking your mileage. Wink I agree, it's fine tuning.

Rick

12-01-2008 03:57 PM