Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to hook up map enhancer?
firewheel56 Offline

Question how to hook up map enhancer?
i need help i have a 1988 nissan pathfinder with a v6 i want to hook up a map enhancer ? i have got wiring diagrams on line but all are from the same books i have . what it has is a AIR FLOW METER that is mounted to the throttle body. it has four or five wires . thanks for the help.
12-10-2008 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: how to hook up map enhancer?
See if you can find your sensor here (pressure sensors from Autoshop.com): http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h35.pdf

What kind of enhancer do you have (resistor or voltage regulator)?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-10-2008 08:02 PM
thomasbala Offline

RE: how to hook up map enhancer?
firewheel56 Wrote:i need help i have a 1988 nissan pathfinder with a v6 i want to hook up a map enhancer ? i have got wiring diagrams on line but all are from the same books i have . what it has is a AIR FLOW METER that is mounted to the throttle body. it has four or five wires . thanks for the help.
Firewheel:

The MAF sensor is a square plastic box just after the air filter canister. It should have 3 wires: red, black and white. The wires are in shielded cable. If you have a voltage regulator enhanser try hooking it up to either the ground [black] or red. If it's the resistor type it goes in series between the spliced white wire, e.g. cut the white wire; one wire from the enhanser goes to the white wire going to the MAF sensor and the other goes to the white end of the wire going to the ECU. Don't expect much mpg improvement from a MAF enhanser; O2 sensors rule. The air flow meter you're looking at is the electronic fast idle mechanism. Do you have an EFIE? How much HHO are you pumping into the airbox?
12-10-2008 11:03 PM