Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hydrogen
joseph paul Offline

hydrogen
hellow and thank you for the welcome a knowledge base is very good thing i would like to know if a water filter would work on my hydrogen unit or a air compresser drip bowl has anyone tried this also should i put the century lp system at the end of my air tunnel induction into the manifold i have a 99 sonoma highrider 4.3

what 1 man can do so can another
12-04-2007 08:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: hydrogen
Hi Joseph,

I'm afraid I'll sound a little dumb here, but what is a "century lp system"? I couldn't find it easily using a google search. Also, by air compressor drip bowl, I assume you mean the little inline item used for getting the moisture out of the compressed air?

I'm going to try to answer your question as best I can, but it may be that the answers to the questions above will make me able to give a better answer.

I put the hydrogen gas for my car at any easily accessible location between the valve cover and the engine's air intake. I tapped into the plastic intake to the air cleaner. I don't think the location matters a great deal, with the following proviso: You want to make sure that you have some sore of flash arrestor, so that a back fire can't ignite your gas all the way back to the electrolyzer, thus damaging it. However, if you have a flash arrestor, I would recommend getting the feed close to the intake. Hydrogen gas, being small molecules, (and particularly Brown's gas), doesn't contain well. It will escape containers that will hold other gasses because of it's small size. However, this won't be a problem if you introduce it into the intake airstream, as it will be sucked into the engine before it has a chance to disperse.

Did your unit not come with installation instructions? Or did you built it yourself from instructions?

Please let me know on the above questions, so I can modify this reply as needed to better help you.

Mike

joseph paul Wrote:hellow and thank you for the welcome a knowledge base is very good thing i would like to know if a water filter would work on my hydrogen unit or a air compresser drip bowl has anyone tried this also should i put the century lp system at the end of my air tunnel induction into the manifold i have a 99 sonoma highrider 4.3

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-05-2007 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shane_1 Offline

Yes an inline water filter makes a very simple to build generator.
mike Wrote:Hi Joseph,

I'm afraid I'll sound a little dumb here, but what is a "century lp system"? I couldn't find it easily using a google search. Also, by air compressor drip bowl, I assume you mean the little inline item used for getting the moisture out of the compressed air?

I'm going to try to answer your question as best I can, but it may be that the answers to the questions above will make me able to give a better answer.

I put the hydrogen gas for my car at any easily accessible location between the valve cover and the engine's air intake. I tapped into the plastic intake to the air cleaner. I don't think the location matters a great deal, with the following proviso: You want to make sure that you have some sore of flash arrestor, so that a back fire can't ignite your gas all the way back to the electrolyzer, thus damaging it. However, if you have a flash arrestor, I would recommend getting the feed close to the intake. Hydrogen gas, being small molecules, (and particularly Brown's gas), doesn't contain well. It will escape containers that will hold other gasses because of it's small size. However, this won't be a problem if you introduce it into the intake airstream, as it will be sucked into the engine before it has a chance to disperse.

Did your unit not come with installation instructions? Or did you built it yourself from instructions?

Please let me know on the above questions, so I can modify this reply as needed to better help you.

Mike

joseph paul Wrote:hellow and thank you for the welcome a knowledge base is very good thing i would like to know if a water filter would work on my hydrogen unit or a air compresser drip bowl has anyone tried this also should i put the century lp system at the end of my air tunnel induction into the manifold i have a 99 sonoma highrider 4.3
12-07-2007 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Joseph,

Did Shane answer your question? If so, great. If not, I'm afraid I just don't understand the question. BUT, if your question still isn't answered, please answer my questions in my last post, as I can and will help you with it as soon as I can get my wits around the question or problem.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-07-2007 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply