Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hydrogen embrittlement engine damage
hygear Offline

hydrogen embrittlement engine damage
thread deleted

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 09:59 PM by hygear.)
08-17-2008 05:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pfai Offline

RE: hydrogen embrittlement engine damage
hygear Wrote:I dont know if anyone is aware of this problem from running hydroxy, I protected my motor with the engine treatment that not only protects but will also repair damage from hydrogen embrittlement. Which is a known condition resulting from running hho in your motor.Hydrogen will attack steel surfaces when under high pressure such as your combustion chamber or even storing hho in a metal tank.Pockets of methane will form in the pores of steel and cause pitting on friction surfaces(cylinder walls, pistons etc.).Xado is the product that will protect you motor for 60,000 to 100,000 miles with just one treatment.Price for 1 treatment is about $105.00.When added to your crankcase it forms a protective ceramic layer on all your friction surfaces which is impervious to hydrogen embrittlement. For more info on this product and to buy go to XADOGEL.COM.Also even if you dont run hho this stuff will also improve gas mileage.

Hi, Did you know that gasoline is made up of 8 atoms of hydrogen and 2 atoms of carbon?
Paul
08-17-2008 02:04 PM
gtkco Offline

hygear Wrote:I dont know if anyone is aware of this problem from running hydroxy, I protected my motor with the engine treatment that not only protects but will also repair damage from hydrogen embrittlement. Which is a known condition resulting from running hho in your motor.

I went to that site. Based on the info they are using I would STAY AWAY. I strongly doubt the claims of their HHO Generator stats. Their suggestions that other people are selling less than 1 LPM units for over $15,000 is completely absurd. Finally, the idea that anyone knows what the "known conditions" are regarding long term effects of running HHO is completely false. People are still debating whether it works or not much less what its long term effects are. Finally, the mumbo jumbo about "hydrogen embrittlement" doesn't apply to the case of your engine because the hydrogen is burned so it isn't free to bond with the metal in the engine. Storage systems are attempting to hold hydrogen which can cause this effect. Steel with a less than 1000mp and aluminum are least affected by this process. I am afraid that if you spent 100 bucks for this stuff to prevent "hydrogen embrittlement", you got taken by a snake oil salesman! But if you bought to do the other stuff that they claim, well who knows. But based on the way their site reads, my guess is that the other stuff is mumbo jumbo too.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2008 05:10 AM by gtkco.)
08-18-2008 05:03 AM
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

scam.
08-18-2008 01:37 PM
stevekos7 Offline

hygear Wrote:
tjh566 Wrote:scam.

Something like the water for gas cell huh!!!!!!!!

I dunno, maybe it's genuine, maybe not.

Their website states: "Xado treated oils have been tested and certified by the American Petroleum Institute and major OEM engine manufacturers." Where's the link to documentation showing this? That always raises my suspicion. Way overstating the competition's prices doesn't further their credibility either.

Definitely gets the geiger counter ticking!
08-19-2008 03:41 AM
saltmine Offline

Hydrogen embrittlement is a reaction caused during plating steel. Usually chromium or cadnium plating.

No engine parts are ever plated, so there's very little chance of embrittlement taking place...not even with HHO added. SCAM

< IN GOD WE TRUST....ALL OTHERS PAY CASH >
08-31-2008 08:20 PM