Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
idea for less refills.
cyborgmexican Offline

idea for less refills.
I got an idea to use the principals from an auto dog water bowl and apply them to our case. The small tube in the solid works drawing the cell and the large one is the tank. Of course the top or the tank would need to be capped in order to provide a vacuum to keep the water level even with the cross tube. I’m sure how well the cells level would remain constant because in a dog bowl the water is exposed to 1ATM and it might be a different situation in the cell. Once I get my first cell going I might do a mock up to see how it works. Of course this would only be able to fit in the bed of a pickup.
[Image: autowater.jpg]
06-05-2008 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chynewalker Offline

RE: idea for less refills.
won"t the vacuum from the engine pull the liquid up thru the hose with this design?
06-05-2008 09:33 AM
cyborgmexican Offline

chynewalker Wrote:won"t the vacuum from the engine pull the liquid up thru the hose with this design?

Thats what i was a little afraid of. What if I split the vacuum line and put one end on the top of the large tank. It wouldnt be able to suck anyhting but would possibly eaquilize the negative pressure and make the principles work the same at less than 1 atm.
06-05-2008 09:55 AM
chynewalker Offline

hi, you have a good idea. lets just work on refining it. by the way im a solidedge user Big Grin

remember,water seeks its own level, so in you design it will push up into the hose. however if you turn the resevior horizontally, and keep the maximum water level in the resevoir no higher than the maximum level you want in the smaller tank you should be alright.

i attached a quick mspaint sketch of what might work

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2008 12:47 PM by chynewalker.)
06-05-2008 12:42 PM
Bilbo41 Offline

Exclamation RE: idea for less refills.
chynewalker Wrote:hi, you have a good idea. lets just work on refining it. by the way im a solidedge user Big Grin

remember,water seeks its own level, so in you design it will push up into the hose. however if you turn the resevior horizontally, and keep the maximum water level in the resevoir no higher than the maximum level you want in the smaller tank you should be alright.

i attached a quick mspaint sketch of what might work

Remember: In a dog dish, air is replacing and allowing the water to re-plenish the dish, but in this case, HHO will build up in the reserve cilinder. As HHO needs no Oxygen to combust, You probably will have a potential Bomb under Your hood where even a static discharge could set it off.
06-11-2008 08:56 PM