Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ignition timing for fuel vapor systems
fixityourselfer Offline

ignition timing for fuel vapor systems
when an engine is going to be running on gasoline vapor, where is the ideal spot to set the timing? TDC by any chance?
04-27-2010 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: ignition timing for fuel vapor systems
(04-27-2010 04:46 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  when an engine is going to be running on gasoline vapor, where is the ideal spot to set the timing? TDC by any chance?
You might want to try the old fashioned method of advancing the timing until there's the "ping" or spark knock under load and then retarding the timing until the "ping" goes away.
04-27-2010 06:08 PM
visek Offline

I've found on my carbed 1.5L that too much advance...even though ping was minimal...reduced mpg. Best bet...find out where it pings...then back it off some.
05-12-2010 04:47 PM
jbalat Offline

I found this on a search.. Not sure how this applies to Fuel Vapor systems or hho but makes sense that if you are pinging then you must be losing some power..

http://ecomodder.com/forum/46486-post4.html

I have found though that when I retart my timing at idle to eliminate the pinging then the car gets very sluggish. Could there be a need to play around with the advance curve when running with this stuff. If so is there an easy way to influence this curve via the other sensors or ecu ?
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2010 02:43 AM by jbalat.)
05-13-2010 02:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply