Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
instead of the air intake inject into fuel rail?
dottedquad Offline

instead of the air intake inject into fuel rail?
Hello all, is it possible to inject a mixture of hho/methanol/water into the fuel rail and out the fuel injectors instead of the intake? Just an idea that I know wasn't just thought of.

Also, is there a real benefit of hho/methanol/water mixture?

-Thanks,
Rich
07-16-2009 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: instead of the air intake inject into fuel rail?
I've asked a similar question before, "why not bubble hho thru a fuel vaporizer", but apparently no-one was interested.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-16-2009 03:28 PM
dottedquad Offline

with just one response.. I'm assuming your correct that "no-one" is interested. I'll do some research i suppose
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2009 05:42 PM by dottedquad.)
07-16-2009 05:34 PM
Gary Offline

(07-16-2009 05:34 PM)dottedquad Wrote:  with just one response.. I'm assuming your correct that "no-one" is interested. I'll do some research i suppose

If memory serves me correctly, I may have seen some thread in some forum on it. Either way, as a lifetime engine tinkerer, I can see some problems.

First, your gas will be trying to work with a liquid in an injector designed to compress liquids. If you don't think so, think of what happens when you have vaporlock. The injector can't push vapor; it's compression travel is too small/short to compress gasses.
Second, if it could work, the delivery would have to be consistent at all rpm's and strokes, an impossibility with HHO unless you're storing it and pumping it in metered amounts to the injectors.
Third, Turbo systems, which are designed to compress gasses, have enough trouble getting HHO to work with them.
07-17-2009 03:09 AM