Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
intake worries?
alscrimp Offline

intake worries?
Hey guys, answer me this: I have been doing some in depth reading of this forum and others about manifold vacuum vs. intake air (I know, here we go again!). There seems to be a vast consensus about the virtues of using manifold vacuum instead of intake air. However, I tried the manifold vacuum setup for my 11 plate dry cell. According to several individuals they all state that you had better have a robust setup because the engine vacuum is so strong at an idle it could cause some severe issues. Well I have been doing the 'intake air method' with very little results.Mad So I thought I would try this. Yes, you can guess what happened! Now mind you I have a very robust 1 quart bubbler reservoir (all the room I have).Sad The manifold vacuum at an idle will suck in the sides of this reservoir (I don't mean a little).Shocked So back to research reading I went. Some recommended that you also run the intake air with the manifold vacuum by utilizing a "T" valve. I tried this and immediately the sides again sucked in on my reservoir and a vacuum leak was evidented by the change in engine RPM. I placed a one-way check valve inline to try to combat this. What I want to know is how some of the people are running this setup without the aforementioned issues? HmmI really would like to try this to see if there is a noticable difference in MPG. Any ideas?
04-22-2010 05:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: intake worries?
The only type of cell that uses the manifold vacuum is the water4gas glass jar cell. It uses the vacuum to add a water mist as well as the HHO gas. Both have value.

But for a larger cell with a reservoir and/or bubbler, you really can't use the manifold. You must use the intake air stream. The vacuum is not needed and will not significantly increase HHO production. If you're putting the gas into your intake and not getting gains, its not because of where you're introducing your HHO. Something else is wrong. See HHO System Debug Checklist for more information.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-22-2010 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply