Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
leak prevention?
sax88player Offline

leak prevention?
Hey, how are other people sealing the tops of their containers around the pos/neg posts and the gas out-put nozzle? I was using gorilla super glue for a while which was great for keeping it solid and together, but I want something that will not be such a hassle if I want to take it apart.
12-11-2008 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CAG Offline

RE: leak prevention?
sax88player Wrote:Hey, how are other people sealing the tops of their containers around the pos/neg posts and the gas out-put nozzle? I was using gorilla super glue for a while which was great for keeping it solid and together, but I want something that will not be such a hassle if I want to take it apart.

I used a washer and o-ring on my pos/neg posts and Oatey pipe joint compound on all threaded pipe joints. After the first couple test runs of the cell I had to retighten everything at least once, but since then no leaks.

CAG
IL.

Remember, once you let the smoke out of the wires, you can't ever get it back in !
12-11-2008 05:53 PM
Delray Dude Offline

sax88player Wrote:Hey, how are other people sealing the tops of their containers around the pos/neg posts and the gas out-put nozzle? I was using gorilla super glue for a while which was great for keeping it solid and together, but I want something that will not be such a hassle if I want to take it apart.

Go to your auto parts store or auto section in Wallmart and get the Permatex silicone gasket maker (it's like a smaller toothpaste tube around 5-6 bucks). Seals great - and peels off nice when you remove the bolts.

After opening the tube - keep it in the fridge for longer shelf life.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
8.8 GT axle with 2.71 gears
Smack Design Booster
EFIE currently set at .25
Without HHO was getting 24-25 MPG
Best result with HHO : 29.5 MPG
12-12-2008 04:12 AM
Fatman1 Offline

If it peels eazy it will leak as eazy. I use marine or outdoor goop after i seal everything up. I just "paint" a coat over everthing.
04-06-2009 06:33 AM
Alexander Markevitch Offline

(12-11-2008 05:17 PM)sax88player Wrote:  Hey, how are other people sealing the tops of their containers around the pos/neg posts and the gas out-put nozzle? I was using gorilla super glue for a while which was great for keeping it solid and together, but I want something that will not be such a hassle if I want to take it apart.

While not too aesthetic, a c-clamp system could be benificial in the long run: 1) Screws can wear out their seatings in time, and although replaced with screws with a thicker thread, c-clamps (or traditional clamps) will allow the necessary cleaning cycle to be more a breeze than a headache. Polycarbonate will allow all kind of stress factors, and henceforth a modification above and beyond the screws themselves for purposes of securing the upper polycarbonate plate to the main body can vary according to the builder's discretion.
04-30-2010 05:56 PM
spinlocker Offline

I finally built my HHO inside a gun ammo box. I use cooper high temp silicone seal around the air fittings and bolt holes. Overkill is a good start.
06-03-2010 12:18 PM
domsmith Offline

Smile RE: leak prevention?
Hello..
There are so many sealing products available in the market which will prevent the leakage. You can easily get it from the place near around you.
07-12-2012 03:52 AM