Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
looking for opinions
michaelaflores Offline

Exclamation looking for opinions
Hello,new here,but not new to saving fuel. Looking for any thoughts or helpful insight on an idea. Not originally mine but hav not seen too much about it. Ok , here it is, all of us know that no matter what we do, the computer is going to keep the air fuel at 14.7/1. How about use the computer against its self by using a container that has gasoline with a line coming from the pcv with an oil catch can to bottom of gas filled container so it will bubble to create vapor, .then a line with an adjustable valve going back to where the pcv line should go and a tee into fuel line with a needle valve going back into gas container to keep the level up. All of this in conjunction with hho generator. Gasoline vapors and hho go in, computer sees an extremely rich mixture so cuts back on fuel going in through injecters. In essence raising mpg. I already have an hho generator on my 2001 dodge grand caravan 20 city 28 hwy with hho without 17 city 22 hwy. I plan to do the setup i mentioned, but would like to get some opinions if possible. Thank you.
05-29-2015 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dingo Offline

RE: looking for opinions
In theory, it sounds ok. But from what ive seen, the 02 sensor does not always respond in expected ways. In addition, it would be easier to intervene with the voltage signal sent from o2 sensor to ECU. You can fool the computer that way with less plumbing. However, there are limits to this, and complications..because the computers will respond by adjusting 'fuel trim'...and slowly nullify your gains. My experience with all this was mixed. Id say actually try out your ideas on the car, and you will arrive at a method that works on ytour specific system.
05-29-2015 07:16 PM
michaelaflores Offline

If the o2 sensor is functioning properly it should see rich or lean shouldnt it?
05-30-2015 04:10 AM
rpatzer Offline

(05-29-2015 02:21 PM)michaelaflores Wrote:  Hello,new here,but not new to saving fuel. Looking for any thoughts or helpful insight on an idea. Not originally mine but hav not seen too much about it. Ok , here it is, all of us know that no matter what we do, the computer is going to keep the air fuel at 14.7/1. How about use the computer against its self by using a container that has gasoline with a line coming from the pcv with an oil catch can to bottom of gas filled container so it will bubble to create vapor, .then a line with an adjustable valve going back to where the pcv line should go and a tee into fuel line with a needle valve going back into gas container to keep the level up. All of this in conjunction with hho generator. Gasoline vapors and hho go in, computer sees an extremely rich mixture so cuts back on fuel going in through injecters. In essence raising mpg. I already have an hho generator on my 2001 dodge grand caravan 20 city 28 hwy with hho without 17 city 22 hwy. I plan to do the setup i mentioned, but would like to get some opinions if possible. Thank you.

Sounds very similar to what I tried. It won't work because you can't control the "bubbler". At high rpm it works, somewhat, but when you idle, it is too rich. If you are only using the "bubbler" to make vapor, it is more efficient to use a vaporizer not based on a "bubbler", such as the MPG Vaporizer unit. No matter how you look at it, the vaporizer unit will be constant. It only takes a small amount and the computer will keep low & high rpms in proper range.
Unless you shut off the injectors, and use vaporizing only, the bubbler won't work.
Using an hho system is an extra but not needed. The combo makes too much "fuel" for the computer to effectively deal with. It seems either the hho or the vaporizer unit is enough. The MPG Vaporizer unit will make way more vapor than the computer can deal with.
I have an AFR meter onboard so it is easy to see when it is too rich.
Good luck
05-30-2015 06:15 AM
michaelaflores Offline

Who sells the MPG vaporizer?
05-30-2015 06:52 AM
michaelaflores Offline

Thanks Dingo and Rpazter you have very useful info.
05-30-2015 01:17 PM
rpatzer Offline

(05-30-2015 06:52 AM)michaelaflores Wrote:  Who sells the MPG vaporizer?

http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com/
05-30-2015 09:10 PM