Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
low hho production
striker273 Offline

low hho production
I just did a lpm test on my water 4 gas 6 pack. I'm getting a measley 1/4 lpm production. Will sodium hydroxide boost my production. Right now i'm using 8 teaspoons of baking soda per jar and creating a nasty sludge. I just installed a single efie, it's at 200 mv. Should I increase my offset. Yesterday I had it all the way to 500 mv and it didn't get a cel or rough idling
any help would be appreciated until I junk this system and build a plate design.

1999 Honda Civic lx
11-11-2008 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: low hho production
Without the benefit of an adequate cell, I'd turn it down to 100. You probably didn't get a CEL since you were in open loop, which drives nice, but your mileage probably sucks.

Most people here will tell you to ditch the soda, it'll eat up your cell. Best to pick up some Rhobic's drain cleaner from Lowe's (NaOh) or KOh.

I'd read up on dry cells. Should be plenty of pics and reading material here.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 08:19 PM
striker273 Offline

colchiro Wrote:Without the benefit of an adequate cell, I'd turn it down to 100. You probably didn't get a CEL since you were in open loop, which drives nice, but your mileage probably sucks.

Most people here will tell you to ditch the soda, it'll eat up your cell. Best to pick up some Rhobic's drain cleaner from Lowe's (NaOh) or KOh.

I checked my scanguage and I was in closed loop. I am going to lowes tomorrow. I have been looking at dry cell electrolyzers, still confusing on how they operate and the construction. if there is any links for the newby to get a handle on the drycell construction it would be greatly appreciated.
11-11-2008 08:39 PM
realtyroy Offline

striker273 Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:Without the benefit of an adequate cell, I'd turn it down to 100. You probably didn't get a CEL since you were in open loop, which drives nice, but your mileage probably sucks.

I checked my scanguage and I was in closed loop. I am going to lowes tomorrow. I have been looking at dry cell electrolyzers, still confusing on how they operate and the construction. if there is any links for the newby to get a handle on the drycell construction it would be greatly appreciated.
If you are still in closed loop than you need to warm it up more until you reach open loop.
None of your efie adjustments will mean anything until it is completely warmed up and the 02 is cycling properly.

If you would like to learn a little more about dry cells here is some reading on the Tero cell.
http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengene...o_cell.pdf
Good Luck!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2008 03:30 PM by colchiro.)
11-12-2008 11:23 AM
colchiro Offline

Roy, I think you got your open's and closed's swapped.Wink

Striker, just search here for:
dry cell
tero

Like I said, there's lots of info and picks.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-12-2008 03:32 PM