Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
map/iat wiring
walter Offline

map/iat wiring
hello all

i have a 2000 ford explorer with the sohc v6. i am trying to install the map sensor enhancer. my map sensor also has the iat built in to it, mine has 6 wires. which one do i need to use for my enhancer. my enhancer has three wires, 1 to ecm, 1 to sensor, 1 to ground.
wires on the map/iat are marked as follows e a b c d f , e being next to filter and f being on engine side. any one have any ideas???
07-19-2008 05:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrodine Offline

RE: map/iat wiring
walter Wrote:hello all

i have a 2000 ford explorer with the sohc v6. i am trying to install the map sensor enhancer. my map sensor also has the iat built in to it, mine has 6 wires. which one do i need to use for my enhancer. my enhancer has three wires, 1 to ecm, 1 to sensor, 1 to ground.
wires on the map/iat are marked as follows e a b c d f , e being next to filter and f being on engine side. any one have any ideas???

Sure you have a map sensor and not a maf sensor? Six wire sounds like maf to me.
07-20-2008 10:33 AM
ncmountainmadness Offline

RE: map/iat wiring
I Own a 97 Explorer. It has the MAF/IAT as found mounted adjacent to the air filter where it picks up air flow coming in After the filter. On the 2000 yours should be similar.

If you actually have a MAP, it will have vaccum lines atached to it that also attach somwhere in the vicingty of the PCV valve or throttle body. No vaccum line = no MAP. Most MAPS are mounted on the firewall.

as for your wires. YOu will need to find a schematic or pinout for your vehicle. Sorry havent done mine yet on my 97 so couldnt advice. What you want to find on your 6 wire MAF/IAT is your signal out for the MAF. Once you find this wire, cut it in two. The part still attached to the sensor attach your sensor wire. The part going to the ECM attach the ecm wire, and the ground a good solid ground.

Hope this helps.

Mike

2005 Pontiac Vibe
1.8L corolla engine engine code 1ZZ-GE

Present goal = 100% control of sensor chain on EFI
Simple Combustion enhancements at present = Fuel heat exchanger, water vapor vacuum injection
once I can prove 100% control of sensors, then back to HHO
07-20-2008 07:11 PM