Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
map sesor enhancer
scogop Offline

map sesor enhancer
Hi, I am looking for a schematic for making a map sesor enhancer and o2 enhancer? I am 25 year auto tech, I have done 10 years of the California smog program, "never again" went to many update schools on computer command on domestic cars, so I know my way around under the hood of a car. My problem is I dont have a lot of experince in making electronic gismos to reprogram the map and o2 sensor so I can put my hho stuff in my truck. A simple schematic would be great because I know my way around wiring diagrams for the autos. Any help in this area would be great, Thanks Stevej
07-22-2008 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EdGe7 Offline

RE: map sesor enhancer
scogop Wrote:Hi, I am looking for a schematic for making a map sesor enhancer and o2 enhancer? I am 25 year auto tech, I have done 10 years of the California smog program, "never again" went to many update schools on computer command on domestic cars, so I know my way around under the hood of a car. My problem is I dont have a lot of experince in making electronic gismos to reprogram the map and o2 sensor so I can put my hho stuff in my truck. A simple schematic would be great because I know my way around wiring diagrams for the autos. Any help in this area would be great, Thanks Stevej

Here you go:

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php...98#pid7498

The round things are potentiometers, probably should start at 50k. The brown looking things coming off of them are resistors, start at 33k.

You will also need two SPDT switches to toggle between turning on the enhancer and toggling between city and highway settings.

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 10:46 AM by EdGe7.)
07-22-2008 10:43 AM
scogop Offline

EdGe7 Wrote:
scogop Wrote:Hi, I am looking for a schematic for making a map sesor enhancer and o2 enhancer? I am 25 year auto tech, I have done 10 years of the California smog program, "never again" went to many update schools on computer command on domestic cars, so I know my way around under the hood of a car. My problem is I dont have a lot of experince in making electronic gismos to reprogram the map and o2 sensor so I can put my hho stuff in my truck. A simple schematic would be great because I know my way around wiring diagrams for the autos. Any help in this area would be great, Thanks Stevej

Here you go:

The round things are potentiometers, probably should start at 50k. The brown looking things coming off of them are resistors, start at 33k.

You will also need two SPDT switches to toggle between turning on the enhancer and toggling between city and highway settings.
Thanks for that. I had gone down to radio shack earlier and bought me 50k pot, and other items needed, my question is this, you show one schematic with one pot set up and another with two pot setup. Will the simpler one pot setup let me turn of the enhanced mode to the standart mode, or computer running the show mode, or is that two pot schematic the only way to go for that scenario?
Thanks again Stevej
07-22-2008 12:09 PM
scogop Offline

scogop Wrote:
EdGe7 Wrote:
I have a 88 gmc truck I am doing this on, and it has a single wire o2 sensor, will I need to play with that also on this hho gas being introd into the combustion system?
Thanks Stevej

Here you go:

Thanks for that. I had gone down to radio shack earlier and bought me 50k pot, and other items needed, my question is this, you show one schematic with one pot set up and another with two pot setup. Will the simpler one pot setup let me turn of the enhanced mode to the standart mode, or computer running the show mode, or is that two pot schematic the only way to go for that scenario?
Thanks again Stevej
07-22-2008 12:28 PM
EdGe7 Offline

scogop Wrote:
EdGe7 Wrote:

Here you go:

Thanks again Stevej

You can definitely use the single pot schematic if you do not want to adjust two different pot settings for City and Highway and just use one of the SPDT switches to toggle between on and off. In my experience I haven't really had the need for two different pot settings although I did build it with two pots.

If you wanted to give a a quick go, you can start out with a single pot enhancer and after you have become more familiar with the setup you can add another if you think you can benefit from it.

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
07-22-2008 12:55 PM
scogop Offline

EdGe7 Wrote:
scogop Wrote:
EdGe7 Wrote:
Thanks again good info, going out to the barn and build it now.
Stevej

Here you go:

Thanks again Stevej

You can definitely use the single pot schematic if you do not want to adjust two different pot settings for City and Highway and just use one of the SPDT switches to toggle between on and off. In my experience I haven't really had the need for two different pot settings although I did build it with two pots.

If you wanted to give a a quick go, you can start out with a single pot enhancer and after you have become more familiar with the setup you can add another if you think you can benefit from it.
07-22-2008 01:12 PM
scogop Offline

scogop Wrote:
EdGe7 Wrote:
scogop Wrote:[quote=EdGe7]
[quote=scogop]
Hi, I am looking for a schematic for making a map sesor enhancer and o2 enhancer? I am 25 year auto tech, I have done 10 years of the California smog program, "never again" went to many update schools on computer command on domestic cars, so I know my way around under the hood of a car. My problem is I dont have a lot of experince in making electronic gismos to reprogram the map and o2 sensor so I can put my hho stuff in my truck. A simple schematic would be great because I know my way around wiring diagrams for the autos. Any help in this area would be great, Thanks Stevej
Thanks again good info, going out to the barn and build it now.
Stevej

Here you go:

Thanks again Stevej

Now on the SPDT switch, will any SPDT switch work? I see some with a center off, and the two end tabs are on, will that work fine, and can it be rated at any style voltage or will have to a 12dc rated switch?
Thanks again Stevej
07-22-2008 03:35 PM
EdGe7 Offline

scogop Wrote:Now on the SPDT switch, will any SPDT switch work? I see some with a center off, and the two end tabs are on, will that work fine, and can it be rated at any style voltage or will have to a 12dc rated switch?
Thanks again Stevej

Get a straight SPDT switch... no off-center option. I got a couple of rocker SPDT switches and were rated at like 240V at like 6 amps. I'm not sure how that would translate to DC volts, but so far I have pumped 7.75 amps through my HHO system (i'm using a separate rocker switch to turn HHO on and off) and so far no problems. The MAF usually has a max voltage of 3V, so amps won't be a problem.

- E.J.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 03:58 PM by EdGe7.)
07-22-2008 03:55 PM
scogop Offline

Smile RE: map sesor enhancer
EdGe7 Wrote:[quote=scogop]
Now on the SPDT switch, will any SPDT switch work? I see some with a center off, and the two end tabs are on, will that work fine, and can it be rated at any style voltage or will have to a 12dc rated switch?
Thanks again Stevej

Get a straight SPDT switch... no off-center option. I got a couple of rocker SPDT switches and were rated at like 240V at like 6 amps. I'm not sure how that would translate to DC volts, but so far I have pumped 7.75 amps through my HHO system (i'm using a separate rocker switch to turn HHO on and off) and so far no problems. The MAF usually has a max voltage of 3V, so amps won't be a problem.

Thanks, that helps a lot. Going down to lowes and get some crystal drian opener for my electrolite, and stainless plates and then work in the barn all night again, "I feel like a mad scientist playing with this stuff, aint that cool". I have found my passion again. Thanks again guys.
Stevej lol,

colchiro Wrote:The image is hosted from the same site you're posting on right now.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=139]
07-22-2008 04:13 PM
EdGe7 Offline

scogop Wrote:Thanks, that helps a lot. Going down to lowes and get some crystal drian opener for my electrolite, and stainless plates and then work in the barn all night again, "I feel like a mad scientist playing with this stuff, aint that cool". I have found my passion again. Thanks again guys.
Stevej lol,

Glad to hear your are having fun... I say as long as its one mad scientist in the barn we are ok... if you put all of us into one barn... America should start worrying.

- E.J.

07-22-2008 04:49 PM