Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
measuring hydrogen
ahsem1972 Offline

measuring hydrogen
I have installed two hydeo super 2 one on a 1998 Honda civic and one on a 1991 s10 with a 4.3 I've noticed they bubble a lot different so I was wondering what is the best cheapest way to measure how much hydrogen the unit is produceing. They both was drawing the same amps but the line to the bubbler on one was straight up and on the other it was a foot over and was not a steady up but I just thought if the gas is being produced it has to travel through the hose.
05-24-2008 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: measuring hydrogen
Take a plastic pop bottle. Make sure you know exactly how much water it holds. Get a bucket (or something) that's big and deep enough to allow you to completely submerge the bottle. Fill The bucket with water and fill the pop bottle up with the water in the bucket. Then, turn the bottle upside down, inverting it. Take the output hose from the booster or bubbler and stick it up into the entrance to the bottle, which is upside down. Turn the booster on and time how long it takes for the gas to completely displace the water in the bottle. Then do your calculations to get the amount of Liters per minute.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMiIHieTQ0

I also am very curious as to the performance of the Hydrosuper2. Please do keep us informed.

ahsem1972 Wrote:I have installed two hydeo super 2 one on a 1998 Honda civic and one on a 1991 s10 with a 4.3 I've noticed they bubble a lot different so I was wondering what is the best cheapest way to measure how much hydrogen the unit is produceing. They both was drawing the same amps but the line to the bubbler on one was straight up and on the other it was a foot over and was not a steady up but I just thought if the gas is being produced it has to travel through the hose.
05-24-2008 01:03 PM
ahsem1972 Offline

I did not have a 1 litter bottle but I did have a 6OZ bottle so I tried it and I could produce 3oz in 30sec at 11 amp then I filled a 10 oz water bottle and poured a line of gas to it and when the fire got through it poped pretty loud the I switched to koh and at 12 amp it would pass the 3oz mark a little then I filled a water bottle again and lit a fire and it poped loud it seemed louder than the other. I was mixing vinegar and water but I was thinking if Im going to get gas from water the mix with the most water would be best with the koh I had all water and just a small amount of koh.
05-24-2008 05:41 PM
jksav7 Offline

3 oz. in 30 seconds is around .2 LPM. I thought the Hydro Super 2 was supposed to be around 1.5-2 LPM at 14 amps, or something like that. Are you sure you did everything right?

ahsem1972 Wrote:I did not have a 1 litter bottle but I did have a 6OZ bottle so I tried it and I could produce 3oz in 30sec at 11 amp then I filled a 10 oz water bottle and poured a line of gas to it and when the fire got through it poped pretty loud the I switched to koh and at 12 amp it would pass the 3oz mark a little then I filled a water bottle again and lit a fire and it poped loud it seemed louder than the other. I was mixing vinegar and water but I was thinking if Im going to get gas from water the mix with the most water would be best with the koh I had all water and just a small amount of koh.
05-24-2008 05:51 PM
ahsem1972 Offline

I put tie straps on the hose to make sure there was no leaks I have a inline amp gauge and a fuse buddy in the fuse to read amps digital the generator is mounted on my car I connected the hose from bubbler and ran it into a five gal bucket of water just looking at the bubbles they come out fast and steady then I filled the 6oz bottle with water and put hose all the way in and inverted it now I did not keep it completely under water just around half way so I could watch the water go down the guys I watch make .6LPM on you tube was with a big gen I don't think this one can do it at those amps
05-24-2008 06:38 PM
colchiro Offline

Ahsem, was this with the engine running? You might want to make sure you have at least 13 volts on your cell when it's running. Anything less means a poor connection causing a voltage drop. Also, did you rinse out your cell after changing to koh? Vinegar (acetic acid) and koh tend to cancel each other so best to add some koh solution, rinse well, dump it out and fill again with koh.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-24-2008 06:53 PM
jksav7 Offline

Sounds like you set things up right. One last thing I would check is to submerge the generator and all parts of the bubbler, etc that carry gas in a 5 gallon bucket of water to make absolutely sure there are no leaks. Otherwise, cochiro has good suggestions.

Where on youtube is the video of the guy producing .6 LPM?

ahsem1972 Wrote:I put tie straps on the hose to make sure there was no leaks I have a inline amp gauge and a fuse buddy in the fuse to read amps digital the generator is mounted on my car I connected the hose from bubbler and ran it into a five gal bucket of water just looking at the bubbles they come out fast and steady then I filled the 6oz bottle with water and put hose all the way in and inverted it now I did not keep it completely under water just around half way so I could watch the water go down the guys I watch make .6LPM on you tube was with a big gen I don't think this one can do it at those amps
05-24-2008 07:25 PM
colchiro Offline

Yes. Brush soapy water on your connections or submerse your cell under water to check for leaks.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2008 08:10 PM by colchiro.)
05-24-2008 08:10 PM
ahsem1972 Offline

I did have car running the you tube link is the one you left on another thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMiIHieTQ0 they said .61 liter bottle in 30 secounds I did flush the unit before adding the new stuff with koh and the first time I started the unit I was drawing 7 amps so I drained it made a stronger mix to get to the 12 amps.
05-25-2008 03:33 AM
jksav7 Offline

LOL! I don't know why I didn't make that connection. I somehow thought you were referring to a bigger version of the hydrosuper2.

ahsem1972 Wrote:I did have car running the you tube link is the one you left on another thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMiIHieTQ0 they said .61 liter bottle in 30 secounds I did flush the unit before adding the new stuff with koh and the first time I started the unit I was drawing 7 amps so I drained it made a stronger mix to get to the 12 amps.
05-25-2008 07:43 AM