Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
more oxygen censor fuel effiency mods
01olds Offline

more oxygen censor fuel effiency mods
HI ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON A THING CALLED ANTIFOUL SPARK PLUG DEVICE THATS SUPPOSE TO BE DRILLED OUT TO ALLOW THE 02 CENSOR SCREW INTO IT...THEN SCREWED IT INTO THE EXMANIFO...... SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT WORK.not sure WHAT IS THE THEORY ANY ONE THINK IT WORK FOR SURE.... happy easter.... the day we set aside to celebrate JESUS CHRIST arising from the grave....
03-22-2008 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: more oxygen censor fuel effiency mods
Search eBay for o2 extender. I bet that's what you're looking for. It's supposed to limit the range of your oxygen sensor.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-22-2008 09:01 AM
syncromon Offline

Hi, I bought one of those (O2 sensor spacer), its a threaded tube that goes between the o2 sensor and exhaust, and is supposed to relocate the sensor out of the direct exhaust flow, where it will detect less oxygen.
I also replaced the o2 sensor at the same time. I also doubled my HHO cells (from 2 cells to 4 cells).
Anyway, I made a mistake by doing all this at once, because my vehicle began running richer and milage dropped, and now Im not sure which mod threw things off. I have since then removed the 02 sensor spacer, and noticed that it had sooty exhaust marks where it was was leaking a bit, I will try installing it again later with a crush washer for a better seal.
Another benefit of this device, I read that people use these when they run hi-flow cats, and it solves the problem of the check engine light coming on.
So moral of this lesson? my comment may not help you decide whether this works or not, but if you do decide to try one, dont make any other changes at that time, then you will know how it is effecting things.

good luck!
01olds Wrote:HI ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON A THING CALLED ANTIFOUL SPARK PLUG DEVICE THATS SUPPOSE TO BE DRILLED OUT TO ALLOW THE 02 CENSOR SCREW INTO IT...THEN SCREWED IT INTO THE EXMANIFO...... SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT WORK.not sure WHAT IS THE THEORY ANY ONE THINK IT WORK FOR SURE.... happy easter.... the day we set aside to celebrate JESUS CHRIST arising from the grave....
03-31-2008 04:44 PM
01olds Offline

hi your results are like mine........ so anyway i am trying to get the onygen censor extender thing working right.. i read it will take about 2 weeks for tha car computer to relearn the leaner conditions if thats possible! (hopefully huh) and after that .i,ll switch on the hho generator... ..... oh i have noticed it takes much longer for the oxygen censor to go into closed loop...... thanks for your input good luck to you also...
04-01-2008 06:11 AM
syncromon Offline

Hi, I thougth I would mention this...I was looking over the paperwork that came with my O2 sensor extender...it says it is to be used on the 2nd O2 sensor (near the cat), my system only has one, maybe that is why it did not work as expected! Anyway, let me know if you have any luck with yours.

THANKS! Vince

01olds Wrote:hi your results are like mine........ so anyway i am trying to get the onygen censor extender thing working right.. i read it will take about 2 weeks for tha car computer to relearn the leaner conditions if thats possible! (hopefully huh) and after that .i,ll switch on the hho generator... ..... oh i have noticed it takes much longer for the oxygen censor to go into closed loop...... thanks for your input good luck to you also...
04-04-2008 09:51 AM
01olds Offline

HI SYNCROMON this car has 2 o2 one at the engine one just behind the cat its installed at the motor end exmanifo.....now from what i have read the 02 extender only neede at the engine or some times called up stream... ..however what ever works huh.....so far now i havent noticed any notiaciable difference after one week now or maybe with this model of car 05 buick with all the censors it has its possible to get better gas milage it take something more........ i,ll keep on looking around the internet for any add on mods.......good luck don...
04-05-2008 03:07 AM
colchiro Offline

From what I've read, the downstream o2 sensor (after the cat) is just to monitor the cat (to see if it's working properly) and the one closest to the engine (before the cat) is used to monitor the air/fuel ratio.

I believe there's a reason for installing on the downstream o2 sensor, but it wouldn't be to adjust the mixture. It's be for some other reason, maybe for high performance engines or engines with a turbo.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-05-2008 01:07 PM
colchiro Offline

Just opened my o2 extender package Wink and it says to install after the cat for "CEL due to running open cats or straight pipe" and before the cat "if you have installed a HHO generator". I ordered the extender and a socket to remove it from kensmith on eBay. He had decent prices and was the only place I found that stocked both items.

Rick

04-05-2008 01:30 PM
colchiro Offline

I know they usually use anti-seize compound when installing these extenders, but I read someone complaining of an exhaust leak from his extender. I wonder if Teflon tape (used for plumbing applications) can handle the heat and could be used?

Rick

04-05-2008 02:05 PM
01olds Offline

HI rick.....not sure about the teflon tape.....i used the anti-seize ..a tube will last forver... well nearly lol... oh i got every thing at true value local 2 extenders like about 6 $ store...except the hho thing..... oh say now after all this time with 02 extender thing i think i am beginning to see some good results it seems like the millage might be increasing about 3 mpg.....maybe it go more huh.....lol any way rick good luck....
04-05-2008 02:19 PM