Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my volvo doesn't have a map!
fixityourselfer Offline

my volvo doesn't have a map!
I own a 1998 volvo s70 T5 (t5 means it came with the factory high pressure turbo) car is gasoline, 2.3 liter.

i've been looking into all the various types of hho stuff for a while now, and i see that this stuff can help if installed properly.

i see that the main things that need to be done after generator installation is to enhance the 02 reading, and enhance the map reading.

Here's the problem: my car doesn't have a map sensor. instead there's an altitude sensor (am guessing its because the car is turbocharged) located behind the right-hand headlight.

http://www.fcpgroton.com/search.php?sear...ecode=true

1. what do you do with this altitude sensor thing in a hho setup?

2. if anyone has any been-there done-that tips for me, i'd greatly appreciate it...i really do want to succeed and not end up one of those who sees no gains after much work and gives up.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2009 03:41 PM by fixityourselfer.)
04-26-2009 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: my volvo doesn't have a map!
Then work with what you've got, starting with the easy stuff (like IAT and CTS). See "tuning for mileage" in my links below.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-26-2009 05:28 PM
fixityourselfer Offline

(04-26-2009 05:28 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Then work with what you've got, starting with the easy stuff (like IAT and CTS). See "tuning for mileage" in my links below.

I read through "tuning for mileage".

my vehicle has a
1. CTS
2. MAF
3. O2
there is no IAT , (and instead of a map there's this altitude or bar sensor)

Now, if i work with the above mentioned sensors #'s 1, 2, & 3, will that be enough to permenantly lower my lean-out parameters and ajust a/f ?
That would mean i can ignore this alt sensor. I have no idea how it works, i couldn't find info on it in any of my searches. Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2009 07:57 PM by fixityourselfer.)
04-26-2009 07:53 PM
colchiro Offline

Very often a vehicle with with a MAF or MAP sensor and they work similarly to sense engine load.

Like I said, work with what you've got. Every sensor you mod tells the ecu it's ok to go a little leaner. I'd try just the digital efie and see how that goes, and if you need more help, start on the other sensors. If you do the MAF, I recommend just adjusting it a bit and leaving it there, like the other sensors. You don't want to crank it until the engine stumbles. We leave the major change to the efie.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2009 03:53 AM by colchiro.)
04-27-2009 03:52 AM