Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
neutral plates
xl650 Offline

neutral plates
I have spent the winter researching and am getting ready to build my first hho booster.I am confused on the neutral plates.Some designs have them and some dont and there are varying numbers of them.I read one article which stated they helped control heat build up.Electronics is my weak point so any info would be greatly appreciated.
05-14-2012 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amos33 Offline

RE: neutral plates
Just experiment a bit first and then you can decide. It take about 2 volts to split the water molecule so ideally you would want your cells to be close to that number. Anything less will not make much gas, and anything higher will make gas and steam. Steam is BAD.
Look at this typical dry cell:
- n n n n +
Between the Neg and Pos plates are 4 Neutral Plates. These subdivide the cell into 5 cells so that when 12 volts are applied we get 12/5 or 2.4 Volt/Cell. This called the Stack. A stack of 5 cells in series.

But play with different designs but above all be careful. HHO is dangerous and the electrolyte is caustic and can burn your skin and put your eyes out. Wear gloves and eye protection.

I am a Christian
05-14-2012 09:23 AM
martinruf Offline

RE: neutral plates
(05-14-2012 07:53 AM)xl650 Wrote:  getting ready to build my first hho booster.
You can play with Problem here in forum is, that we don't say on what we play...
  • in a car = 13.8V Generator on drive (12V Batterie)
  • truck ?24Volt?
  • homepower = 110V / 240V
for good saving on car, you will need nearly nothing HHO. lock at my footer or "jam glas"-People...

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
05-18-2012 01:32 AM