Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new technologies
sonora Offline

new technologies
Hello everyone. First time in the forum. I am here because I have been involved for over -10- years in the development of a technology that improves combustion efficiency. I am well aware of the vast numbers of claimers for technologies that are designed to do just the same but you all might be very, very interested in this one. It was actually developed over -20- years ago for the Air Force. The were looking for a way to change combustion of jet fuel. Physically alter the molecular makeup between oxygen and hydrocarbons within the combustion chamber so that the resultant detonation would yield a higher amount of HCs burned leading to much lower interior cylinder temps and reductions in ALL emissions....not just PM and/or NOX. The black smoke issue hazards on carrier deck explosions was and is a serious issue and they needed to see if such a means existed.
Well, the result was Polyisobutylene or PIB. The developers of this compound found that it exerted a tremendous physical interaction with the existing HC's thru a now well understood process called viscoelasticity that caused the injected fuel to become very homogenous with air with droplets attaining a more mid size form leaving micro droplets to disappear.
There is a well documented history of this and tests at the China Lake Naval station showed that when a missile was fired on treated vs non treated jet fuel cannisters the resulting smoke was drastically diminished.
Years later PIB was rigorously tested in diesel fuel combustion and the expected reductions in ALL tailpipe emissions, reduced engine temps and reduced fuel consumption all supported the tchnological claims. Today this technology has actually been Verified by CARB in CA and it is being used succesfully by all kinds of end users.
Now it is being tested in gasoline. What you might expect to happen does occur in the lab. Without any engine modifications and using an FTP city/highway testing regime looking at all emissions and MPG we normally see a modest 3-4% gain in mpg with all emissions being reduced including CO2 (3-4%). However, when evaluating at the same time while on the chassis dyno the OBD scan tools reveal that at first the sensors react to the presence of the PIB and we see upwards of 10% +increase in mpg but by the next test we are back to our 3-4%. Looking at the sensors and trims you actually see all this happening.
So, the reason I am here is too try and get some feedback from those who are much more educated about this issue than me and seek some guidance into how we might actually go about evaluating the true effects without the oxygen sensors impeding our quest to measure just how effective the technnology really can be??
The efie system sure seems to be a place to start.
Maybe any of you that are already efie users might want to check out the technology?? Your feedback here on this forum would sure be a great way for me to gain some very important info. The EPA knows about PIB and was actually the reason for us to check out the effectiveness in gasoline at this time.
Well, I hope I might have some of you wanting to know more about this technology?? This is NOT a chemical fix and the proof of its effectiveness has been demonstrated by the millions of gallons that have already been succesfully treated.
More later............Thanks for reading!
Sonora
08-12-2012 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: new technologies
This sounds very interesting. Do you have some links to some more information about it? I didn't come up with anything about this in a cursory search.

As for the computer, yes, an EFIE is what you need. It's the same situation as with all other combustion efficiency enhancement technologies. The computer always compensates for improved combustion efficiency. See this article for more information on why this happens: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/oxygen-sensors

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-13-2012 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sonora Offline

Hi Mike.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have a direct link for you and other interested parties. I didn't want everyone to think that I was doing a sales job right up front as a first timer. We do manufacture a product with Polyisobutylene for the diesel market place at this time. But, it will work with gasoline and in fact my gasoline testing in the lab is why I found out about the EFIE technology. It seems that this is exactly what we need to really observe the true effects without the negative feedback from the oxygen sensors and this is why I thought that there might be current EFIE users who would like to use the product and see if they observe even better results.
We are testing in a CARB certified lab right now using an FTP highway/city driving cycle. IN addition I am recording sensor related outputs with a scan tool and speed tracer provided by autoenginuity. This is where I observed the effects of the oxygen sensors that really thru up a wall against us observing true optimization.
It is the EPA who knows all about PIB effects on combustion that recommended that we test using gasoline. They are fully aware of the sensor feedback effects and only recently given the big gov't push to raise MPG on the nations fleet have they become more supportive of our efforts with gasoline.
We will be testing in the Fall in Graz, Austria at the European engine dev lab but for diesel fuel. This is a truly research effort by them utilizing their very technical single cylinder engines where there are NO computers to diminish the full effects.
So, it would seem that the EFIE technology would be a very good test bed to really observe what our tech can do in the real world without the negative effects thrown up by the oxygen sensors???
If you have any ideas along these testing scenarios let me know. Again, maybe there are current users that might like to try the gasoline fuel blending technology. I would be very glad to supply the technology that we are currently having success with and help them with any testing protocols they might like to develop.
Here is the link you might like look over devoted to diesel fuel.
SAE and other journal reports are located here for those who might like to see the actual reported data from years of testing.

And, thanks again for this Forum!
Sonora
http://www.visconusa.com
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 12:50 PM by LittleGreenDot.)
08-13-2012 02:28 PM
mike Offline

Yes, it's ok to link to your own products here. Anything germane to fuel saving is OK to promote. But I tried your link and it didn't work. Can you please update the link. I'd like to see what you have there.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-14-2012 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sonora Offline

(08-14-2012 08:22 AM)mike Wrote:  Yes, it's ok to link to your own products here. Anything germane to fuel saving is OK to promote. But I tried your link and it didn't work. Can you please update the link. I'd like to see what you have there.

Hi Mike. The web site is http://www.visconusa.com
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 10:18 AM by sonora.)
08-14-2012 10:18 AM
mike Offline

Ok, that works. Thanks. I'll read up on it.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-14-2012 02:11 PM