Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newbie with questions
jljbtm Offline

newbie with questions
I've been reading through your site and understand most, and you describe things very clearly.

What i am not 100% clear about is this:
Is the EFIE tuned just once ? then can it be forgotten.

You explained it takes maybe 10 min. to tune/adjust to a particular fuel saving device, then my understanding is the only time you would turn it off is in the event of a failure or you run out of hydrogen gas or whatever.

Also since this 02 voltage changes/fluctuates depending on driving conditions will this changing voltage pass through a EFIE with a offset parameter ?

Thank you for clarifying, Jack
03-20-2008 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: newbie with questions
Yes, you would tune the EFIE once and forget it. Note that the deluxe models have a switch which when turned off, will re-make the connection between sensor and ECU, as if the EFIE weren't installed. The purpose of this is for when you turn your gas off for some reason.

Yes, the fluctuations of the oxygen sensor pass through the EFIE, and are raised by it. The EFIE provides an offset voltage. The amount of the offset is the value you set with the adjustment potentiometer (set screw). If it's set to .2 volts (for instance), then whatever voltage the sensor is producing at any instant in time is having .2 volts added to it. The voltages in and the voltages out would be a parallel graph.

Welcome to the forum.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-20-2008 08:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply