Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
no mileage improvement
pfai Offline

no mileage improvement
Hi All. Been chasing mpg improvement for awhile-heres my system.
Modified Zero Fossil Fuel type generator with 25 plates +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+ , 3 tsp KaOH , .050 spacing, producing 1.5 L/M.
Tried 1st with o2 extender, now running Mike's efie , using pwm and NO mpg improvement. I am running HHO into air intake before MAF . Sure would like to get results as posted in some of these articles. Vehicle is 1994 Mercedes C220 , 2.2 L engine with 274K miles on it.
Thanks,Paul
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2008 05:40 AM by pfai.)
08-02-2008 05:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a3holerman Offline

RE: no mileage improvement
Paul,

I too ran into the same problem. 97 Saab using a EFIE and .7-.9 LPM. Put gas in before the turbo...no change, 12" before the throttle body....no change, just befor the throttle body....again no change in MPG. I have read that "Some cars don't seem to respond to boosting". There must be a reason. I did get perhaps a clue, at least in my case. I measured the 02 sensors output with my scope and noted no change in 02 readings with the booster on or off. It tells me that either I need more gas or the gas is somehow just not getting inducted into the engine. I am in the process of building a new booster and will report the results.

Tom
Cape Cod
08-02-2008 01:58 PM
pfai Offline

a3holerman Wrote:Paul,

I too ran into the same problem. 97 Saab using a EFIE and .7-.9 LPM. Put gas in before the turbo...no change, 12" before the throttle body....no change, just befor the throttle body....again no change in MPG. I have read that "Some cars don't seem to respond to boosting". There must be a reason. I did get perhaps a clue, at least in my case. I measured the 02 sensors output with my scope and noted no change in 02 readings with the booster on or off. It tells me that either I need more gas or the gas is somehow just not getting inducted into the engine. I am in the process of building a new booster and will report the results.

Tom
Hi Tom, Thanks for the reply, I have since my 1st post, also installed a system om my wifes 2003 Subaru Baja using one of Mikes efies. Same result-no mpg improvement. Have efie set for very lean , CEL came on 2 times on wifes Subaru-each time richened a little and reset light-still no improvement. Can watch o2 pattern while driving down the road and shows to be staying majority of the time in the.700-.900 shoild be lean mixture but no improvement. I'm baffled.
Paul
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2008 12:46 PM by colchiro.)
08-03-2008 04:16 AM
colchiro Offline

You guys should check for leaks... brush your connections with soapy water and watch for bubbles.

How much current are you running?

Next consider modding more sensors, like intake air and water temp sensors, just need a couple resistors. See my Tuning for Mileage link.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-03-2008 12:49 PM