Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
not seeing the gas biuld up
KBCMorphs Offline

not seeing the gas biuld up
I just installed a HHO system on my 97 suburban. I used three mason jars ran them in a series, used ss wire wrapped around acrylic, just over 1/4 tsp baking soda per jar, and when I fire it up I can see it working (tiny little bubbles coming off the wire) but I dont see it forming any gas. I seen some working on utube and when they start theirs its like millions of tiny bubbles were Id say mine would be like thousands of bubbles. Do you think mine is working, what do yours look like when you first start them up and the cars just idling.

thanks for the help
06-21-2008 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitatioN10 Offline

RE: not seeing the gas biuld up
Any idea of the amps your pulling ? and voltage going to each jar ?
06-21-2008 03:45 PM
jksav7 Offline

It sounds like you have the w4g design. They are crap (no insult to you intended). However, if you can somehow get mileage gains with them, then all the better.

The w4g design doesn't put out hardly any gas. Here's a suggestion. Wire two of them in series and the other one by itself. Ozzie found out that he got more gas production with only two wired in series together.

My guess is you'll need more baking soda to produce more gas. Actually, baking soda isn't recommended. Try sodium hydroxide (NaOH). You can find it at the local hardware store as pure lye drain cleaner. It's in a pellet form.

KBCMorphs Wrote:I just installed a HHO system on my 97 suburban. I used three mason jars ran them in a series, used ss wire wrapped around acrylic, just over 1/4 tsp baking soda per jar, and when I fire it up I can see it working (tiny little bubbles coming off the wire) but I dont see it forming any gas. I seen some working on utube and when they start theirs its like millions of tiny bubbles were Id say mine would be like thousands of bubbles. Do you think mine is working, what do yours look like when you first start them up and the cars just idling.

thanks for the help
06-21-2008 05:36 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Hi KBCMorphs,

I know nothing of the w4g design but I agree with jksav7, use NaOH or KOH instead of baking soda. If you decide to continue testing with baking soda for now, increase it a tablespoon at a time to see what you come up with. But do it in a well ventilated area as using baking soda in the electrolysis process is seriously toxic.

If you change to NaOH or KOH, go small...1/8 of a teaspoon to start. Very powerful stuff.

Congrats for trying and good luck!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2008 05:56 PM by skiers4ever.)
06-21-2008 05:54 PM