Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
o2 sensor in catalytic converter
bdancik Offline

o2 sensor in catalytic converter
I have installed the single EFIE on the 02 sensor before the catalytic converter. I have seen no increase in MPG. Should I be concerned with the one in the catalytic converter?

Thanks for any info...
Brian
06-29-2008 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: o2 sensor in catalytic converter
bdancik Wrote:I have installed the single EFIE on the 02 sensor before the catalytic converter. I have seen no increase in MPG. Should I be concerned with the one in the catalytic converter?

Thanks for any info...
Brian

No, that definitely is not causing this. You should make adjustments to the EFIE to find the optimum setting for your car/fuel saving device configuration.

What are you using? HHO gen? If so, is it producing gas? What EFIE setting are you using?

It's questions like this that will lead us to the resolution to your lack of mpg results so far.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-30-2008 11:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bdancik Offline

I am using the HHO gen form savefuel.ca the al30. Yes, it is producing gas. I looked today and my amps were a little low so I will get the amp higher tomorrow. I started at 200 and today I took it down to 100. I will take it down to 50 tomorrow as well as getting the amps up.
06-30-2008 06:15 PM
mike Offline

bdancik Wrote:I started at 200 and today I took it down to 100. I will take it down to 50 tomorrow as well as getting the amps up.

Do you mean 200 millivolts as the EFIE setting? If so, I would go higher with them, rather than lower. 50 millivolts on the EFIE is too small.

Have you verified the type of oxygen sensors you have? Please see What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor?. You can verify by measuring the output of your oxygen sensor vs ground, with the engine running. You should get a constantly changing voltage in the range of about .3 to .8 volts. Do you get this?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-02-2008 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bdancik Offline

I'm 95% sure I have a HGOS. I'll double check the voltages later this weekend. I did take the voltgage up to approx 265mv, I read in another post were the individual got results in the same car with a higher setting. I also took the amps up as well, but I took them a little too high and blew my fuse during my trip to Pittsburgh, and I had no more 15amp fuses left.:-( so I could not conclude my test. I will be heading to Ohio tomorrow, I hope I will be able to run the system and see results, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Brian
07-02-2008 06:19 PM