Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
odd voltage
jasonporter181 Offline

odd voltage
I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra set up with a hydrogen generator that supplies 1 liter/m hydroxy gas. I purchased your Dual EFIE circuit board and I am having some problems.

First- I connected the EFIE wires to the sensor under the hood and routed them into the passenger compartment. (not enough wire slack by the ECM)

Next I connected the EFIE device. and powered it up. Here are my volatges;

both o2 sensors connected to EFIE;
-across white and green 750mv
-across brown and blue 1550mv

withh EFIE disconnected;
#1 and #2 o2 sensors are at about 550mv and only fluctuate about 5-10mv

-across white and green 150mv
-across brown and blue 120mv

my other problem is that the olny way I am able to adjust the voltage output on my EFIE is when it is disconnected (only power on) and I have to use the range pot. The voltage pots don't seem to do anything and nither range nor voltage work when system is connected.

What are your thoughts....?

Thanks Mike
04-28-2008 06:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: odd voltage
I think you have AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors there. They don't work with an EFIE as they don't communicate to the ECU in the same way.

Reconnect the sensors to the ECU again, and tell me what they measure against ground (with the motor running). AFR sensors will read 2.8 volts or 3.3 volts with minor fluctuations.

If it's not AFR sensors it's either another device entirely (not an oxygen sensor), or perhaps a completely shot oxygen sensor (because it should be fluctuating from .2 to .9 volts while the engine is running).

Let me know what you find with the above tests.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-28-2008 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jasonporter181 Offline

Wink RE: odd voltage
They are front heated O2 sensors with 3 wires but I think I connected to the wrong wire. Per the wiring diagram, there are 2 wires that go to the ECM. One comes from the 12v power source goes through the O2 sensor and to the ECM(reference maybe?) and the 2nd wire goes to the ECM also. I tested the 2nd output from the O2 sensor with engine running with the plug disconnected and got a fluctuating voltage of .3 to .7 or so, so I am going to try to rewire to the 2nd wire today. I will let you know how it works.

My other question is: I had to connect the O2 wires to the O2 sensor near the sensor itself, not near ECM because of confined space. My wires are routed into the pass compartment. Will that effect anything? Should I wire it in next to the ECM at all costs?

Thanks
04-29-2008 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: odd voltage
No, you're fine like that. Connecting near the ECM is for your convenience only. Electrically it doesn't matter at all.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-29-2008 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply