Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
one question on smack design
jjw2564 Offline

one question on smack design
I just have a question about smack design. On the top you have the +, - and the hole where the hho goes into the bubbler. Is there a hole for a bleeder to let air in. Does that create a vaccum, air in and then out to the bubbler. I was just wondering if that was needed or is the hho just pushed out by the production alown.
02-27-2009 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joe F 4X4 Offline

RE: one question on smack design
The hho is pushed out by production alone.
(02-27-2009 02:28 PM)jjw2564 Wrote:  I just have a question about smack design. On the top you have the +, - and the hole where the hho goes into the bubbler. Is there a hole for a bleeder to let air in. Does that create a vaccum, air in and then out to the bubbler. I was just wondering if that was needed or is the hho just pushed out by the production alown.
02-27-2009 02:44 PM
colchiro Offline

There should be no need for a bleeder hole unless you're connected to engine vacuum (instead of the air filter housing).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-28-2009 07:56 AM
clickhere255 Offline

so, if the tubing is connected to the closest place to the butterfly, or at the end of the intake closest to the engine, is that considered under vacuum since its closer?

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-01-2009 09:17 PM
colchiro Offline

No. There's an infinite amount of air available to enter the engine so there's not much vacuum on the outside of the BF.

On the manifold side of the butterfly you can't make that claim unless the BF is open.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-02-2009 03:57 PM
homemader Offline

I suggest to create a intake line into the booster although it isn't part of the original Smack design. In addition, connect the booster's hho line to your car in two locations: via vacuum line and via the air intake of the engine. from my experience this will increase the hho amount in the engine and increase performance.

Hydrogen on demand system plans and drawings - The road to freedom.Shy
03-04-2009 12:44 PM
colchiro Offline

Connecting to engine vacuum is asking for trouble with vacuum leaks and sucking all your electrolyte into your engine. IMO, it should only be practiced by advanced users who know what they're doing and only after injecting in the air housing hasn't worked.

Rick

03-04-2009 04:27 PM
homemader Offline

(03-04-2009 04:27 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Connecting to engine vacuum is asking for trouble with vacuum leaks and sucking all your electrolyte into your engine. IMO, it should only be practiced by advanced users who know what they're doing and only after injecting in the air housing hasn't worked.

If the cell itself has as air inlet there is no real danger that water will be sucked into the engine, don't you think?

Hydrogen on demand system plans and drawings - The road to freedom.Shy
03-05-2009 10:08 AM
colchiro Offline

It depends a lot how much vacuum is exposed to the cell (more vacuum = greater risk).

Having an inlet into your cell could make it worse since it moves more air thru the cell.

There have been a lot of reports here of the loss of electrolyte due to vacuum.

Rick

03-05-2009 02:51 PM