Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
oxy-hydrogen
cheapfuel Offline

oxy-hydrogen
I understand that oxy-hydrogen (HHO) is very explosive. More so than pure hydrogen. For this reason I am making sure the system that I building has no leakes and is away from possible sparks. Also, I will include a bubbler and install an inline flash resistor after the bubbler (last device on line). I am wondering if there is going to be any problem with HHO accumulation in my air cleaner (filter) compartment as I plan to inject the HHO through my air intake system by running my hose through a drilled hole in my air cleaner assemby cover that sits on my trottle body. I have a 1994 Silverado 4x4 truck with a 5.7 liter engine. Anyone installed a system on a truck like mine? Anyone heard of any sytems exploding, etc.
06-24-2008 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fordsohc46 Offline

RE: oxy-hydrogen
one guy said he blew up his ford ranger plastic intake but he had power to his generator at all times. he left it sitting for awhile and when he turned the key..... bam! i guess his intake filled up with hho.
as long as you have switched power it should be ok.
06-24-2008 05:24 PM
cheapfuel Offline

fordsohc46 Wrote:one guy said he blew up his ford ranger plastic intake but he had power to his generator at all times. he left it sitting for awhile and when he turned the key..... bam! i guess his intake filled up with hho.
as long as you have switched power it should be ok.
06-24-2008 06:21 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Thank you fordsohc46. This is what I want to know. Obviously he had not connected his system after his ignition system so that the oxy-hydrogen is only turned on when the engine is running. This I believe is the number 1 priority with these systems. Thank you, fordsohc46. Anyone else have information on this topic?
06-24-2008 06:27 PM
skiers4ever Offline

I don't have a Silverado but my unit came with a relay, wired through the firewall to a on/off switch inside powered by an empty circuit in my fusebox that only comes on when my ignition is turned on.

Be careful not to use a circuit that will come on if, say you listen to the radio alot without the engine running, as the HHO could build up and go boom when you do decide to start the engine.

Good luck and be safe!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-24-2008 07:02 PM
aquaman Offline

skiers4ever Wrote:I don't have a Silverado but my unit came with a relay, wired through the firewall to a on/off switch inside powered by an empty circuit in my fusebox that only comes on when my ignition is turned on.

Be careful not to use a circuit that will come on if, say you listen to the radio alot without the engine running, as the HHO could build up and go boom when you do decide to start the engine.

Good luck and be safe!
John
This issue has been addressed many times, and many places. Wire your relay switch to the fuel pressure relay. Fuel pressure switch shuts down whenever the engine kills. This will only allow the cell to run when the engine is actually running. No fuel pump, no HHO cell.
You can listen to the oldies with no worrries.
06-24-2008 07:41 PM