Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
pollution v mileage
rpatzer Offline

pollution v mileage
It seems to me that while everyone is trying to improve their mileage, they are increasing their pollution. The OBDII will allow for some "leaning" and it won't increase pollution. BUT, if we fool the computer with the EFIE, then we are artificially "leaning" out the mix and that is when the NO goes up. My previous smog test results seem to support that notion.
I am going to see what the numbers are just by playing with the vaporizer. It is too bad we can't find someone who will let us "set" the EFIE and "fuel" by the computer and max it out correctly.
03-28-2010 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wrlld Offline

RE: pollution v mileage
hello,If you or your parents owned a diesel car 20 years ago, you may have some bad memories of the experience. American drivers have steered clear of diesel since the early 1980s because many of the cars were unreliable, noisy, and polluting. Though today's diesel cars have overcome most of their past performance problems, they account for only a few percent of new automobile and truck sales in the US.

air conditioner service | ac replacement
09-07-2010 02:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

(09-07-2010 02:38 AM)Wrlld Wrote:  hello,If you or your parents owned a diesel car 20 years ago, you may have some bad memories of the experience. American drivers have steered clear of diesel since the early 1980s because many of the cars were unreliable, noisy, and polluting. Though today's diesel cars have overcome most of their past performance problems, they account for only a few percent of new automobile and truck sales in the US.

I agree but what is your point?
09-08-2010 02:15 PM
stevebutler44 Offline

They ware discussed about the diesel which spread the pollution everywhere. As per mine opinion, China is one of the best country which control on the pollution. All the people in china can't use vehicles in which We need petrol/diesel. We know that Now the days, We can't see pure diesel . So that We can also not get good mileage and also blowing pollution eveywhere.

Kitchens
10-13-2010 08:32 PM