Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
preparing the Stainless for action
bks07 Offline

Question preparing the Stainless for action
I purchased plans from an online company but my system uses very high amps. The water boils like crazy. The plans don't say anything about preparation of the steel.
12-13-2008 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tonyc860 Offline

RE: preparing the Stainless for action
i also use rubber gloves to keep the oil fromyour skin getting on them. wipe them with alcohol also. it all adds up.

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
12-14-2008 06:05 AM
thomasbala Offline

bks07 Wrote:I purchased plans from an online company but my system uses very high amps. The water boils like crazy. The plans don't say anything about preparation of the steel.
I am certain I could probably build a toaster that will eventually work as well as the General Electric toaster my wife bought last friday. I know enough about electricty, IC's resistance etc. to make a 4 banger, but how long will it take me? How many IC's will I burn up until I get it right? How many burnt pieces of bread will it take until I find the right combo of resistors, "555" timers, etc.? How many fires can my kitchen take until I perfect my toaster? How much will it eventually cost me? Will I get the "UL" seal of approval? You know, it's safer, cheaper, more efficient and bet I'll get a better toaster if I buy the General Electric model rather than make one myself.

Dry cells, good ones, are going for 1/2 of what they went for in August on e-bay. The idea is to get better mpg, not reinvent the wheel. Since gas prices are down the price of good dry cells has plumetted worse than the stock market. Just make sure you're getting 316L stainless and the seller has a good reputation. On the other hand if you like making your own wheels all the more power to you. good Luck.
12-14-2008 09:36 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

thomasbala Wrote:
bks07 Wrote:I purchased plans from an online company but my system uses very high amps. The water boils like crazy. The plans don't say anything about preparation of the steel.
I am certain I could probably build a toaster that will eventually work as well as the General Electric toaster my wife bought last friday. I know enough about electricty, IC's resistance etc. to make a 4 banger, but how long will it take me? How many IC's will I burn up until I get it right? How many burnt pieces of bread will it take until I find the right combo of resistors, "555" timers, etc.? How many fires can my kitchen take until I perfect my toaster? How much will it eventually cost me? Will I get the "UL" seal of approval? You know, it's safer, cheaper, more efficient and bet I'll get a better toaster if I buy the General Electric model rather than make one myself.

Dry cells, good ones, are going for 1/2 of what they went for in August on e-bay. The idea is to get better mpg, not reinvent the wheel. Since gas prices are down the price of good dry cells has plumetted worse than the stock market. Just make sure you're getting 316L stainless and the seller has a good reputation. On the other hand if you like making your own wheels all the more power to you. good Luck.

He does have a point there. However, it is fun to make dry cells, but wet cells (probably the plans you got) are WAYY too hard to make anymore compared to the simple dry cell. Heck, now I'm leading myself in a goal to make the world's smallest dry cell! And I'm already 80% done lol! Still waiting on the barbs, that's it (yay for free samples!).

If you can make a dry cell for under $20 (easily done now), do it (free plans on here and youtube). If not, then talk to some forum members who are reputable and ask if they would make you one for under $100. Or find a 316LL one on ebay for the same price Smile

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
12-19-2008 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply