Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
red light issue wont go away
james67 Offline

red light issue wont go away
after i bought the efie and had it installed it never did work and just a red light came on when engine was turned on...
now im back trying to figure this out.. someone said maybe sensors was shot or wired wrong...
so if im not mistaken i need to test the wires from the o2 sensor to the effie to see a certain amount of voltage .. if its ok
but i still ned to know if its wired right... the only way i can do this if i had a pin out diagram of my ECU .. and man iv looked all over for that one, without finding it
my van is 1998 chevy venture v6 3.4 liter
i belive my ecu is Delphi brand
11-12-2011 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: red light issue wont go away
Hi James,

Please go back to the installation instructions. Read the 1st section that describes how to find your wires. It tells you the voltages you should see on your sensor signal wire. Then see if you have that voltage or not. That will tell you for sure, and this test is better than using a wiring diagram. Diagrams can be wrong, but this test can't be.

You can find the instructions here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-efi...structions

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-21-2011 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
james67 Offline

RE: red light issue wont go away
(11-21-2011 11:56 AM)mike Wrote:  Hi James,

Please go back to the installation instructions. Read the 1st section that describes how to find your wires. It tells you the voltages you should see on your sensor signal wire. Then see if you have that voltage or not. That will tell you for sure, and this test is better than using a wiring diagram. Diagrams can be wrong, but this test can't be.

You can find the instructions here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-efi...structions

IN my veichle i cant access the O2 sensor.. so i dont know which wire to even test thats why an ECU pinout would help
myself i tryed find one on internet for a log time and i cant and as ai mentioned few times before the links to sites that have them wont register me because im not in the US
Its frustratating to buy a product and spent 300 dollars after installation and have it lay totaly dead.
Unless from what i speculated before it is a dud itself
11-22-2011 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply