Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
results for '93 Chevy Silverado
wallace Offline

results for '93 Chevy Silverado
just installed a single cell Water4Gas HHO generator. The system works, but I didn't get an increase in mileage.

have added another 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the original 1/4 teaspoon and will check mileage on the way home this evening.

the o2 sensor is in order and field diagnostics don't indicate lean or rich, so I guess I'm not producing enough HHO. will probably install more cells at some point.

Any tips out there?
11-03-2008 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: results for '93 Chevy Silverado
Hi Wallace. Got an ammeter, fuse and bubbler on that cell? You might want to know how much current it's running before you go any higher. Too much current and you might make it boil into your engine, if you don't melt something first. Best to play it safe.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-03-2008 06:12 PM
thomasbala Offline

wallace Wrote:just installed a single cell Water4Gas HHO generator. The system works, but I didn't get an increase in mileage.

have added another 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the original 1/4 teaspoon and will check mileage on the way home this evening.

the o2 sensor is in order and field diagnostics don't indicate lean or rich, so I guess I'm not producing enough HHO. will probably install more cells at some point.

Any tips out there?
Wallace:

Get rid of that baking soda; upon electrolysis a baking soda solution produces CO2; yes, the same CO2 in fire extinguishers. It doesn't burn, aid combustion or do anything else but put out fires. Try vinegar, Kool Aid, something else. Like Colchiro said, watch those amps; too many amps means fire. What's your HHO production? The formula for increased mpg is pretty simple: Sufficient HHO + EFIE = increased mpg. What's sufficient HHO? I think it's about 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement. Get your HHO production up there; read the docs section on this forum to find out how to test your output. You may need an EFIE; you may not. you won't know until you get production up there. Good Luck. Keep us advised of your progress. The low gas prices will vanish after the elections; get ahead of the curve!
11-03-2008 06:33 PM
wallace Offline

colchiro, there is a fuse (at present 7.5A) and a bubbler on the cell. will check current. hasn't blown it yet.

thomasbala, will check out vinegar or kool aid as electrolyte, and will try to determine HHO output.

as to the results yesterday, got 2.2mpg mileage increase from the added electrolyte. added a further 1/4 teaspoon this morning (total at present 3/4 teaspoon baking soda). cell was barely warm after my commute (20min) to work. looked like it was producing more HHO.

before i go to EFIE i'll probably just insulate my O2 sensor (as soon as i get a lean signal from field diagnostics). i'll soon be installing a MAP enhancer as well as a PCV enhancer.

thanks for the tips!
11-04-2008 07:16 AM
Delray Dude Offline

wallace Wrote:colchiro, there is a fuse (at present 7.5A) and a bubbler on the cell. will check current. hasn't blown it yet.

before i go to EFIE i'll probably just insulate my O2 sensor (as soon as i get a lean signal from field diagnostics). i'll soon be installing a MAP enhancer as well as a PCV enhancer.

Dont bother with the MAP enhancer - most of the time they dont seem to do much. The EFIE is the way to go. I know tht atleast in my OBD-1 ford computer, it seems that any gain from adjusting my MAF (similiar to MAP) is negated by the o2 sensor's signal to the computer.

1993 Mustang LX
2.3 Liter engine
5 speed manual
8.8 GT axle with 2.71 gears
Smack Design Booster
EFIE currently set at .25
Without HHO was getting 24-25 MPG
Best result with HHO : 29.5 MPG
11-04-2008 10:11 AM
srorex Offline

All makes and models are very different when it comes to the electronics. I have put many fuel cells in many GM vehicles. The trucks tend to be the most difficult. I haven't worked on any older than 1998 but it is likely similar.
1st. you will need to be making a min of 1 lpm HHO
2nd you will need EFIE, the max you can likely add is 225mv
3rd you will need MAP enhancer, makes a huge difference on GM trucks. All of the GM trucks I have worked on have both MAP and MAF sensors. I adjust both but MAP is the most important.

Like the others said, use a bubbler, relay, and have an on off switch

I would not try to go through a vacuum
I would suggest using KOH and not NAOH or Baking soda

Good luck

Steve
2001 GMC Z71 5.3L
11-04-2008 07:53 PM
tohmahak Offline

Hi Steeve,
Thank you for the infos on the chevy trucks, I'm working on a 2001 silverado 5,4 liter turbo. I have a double 8x8 cell on it that drags about 40 to 45 amp when hot and spit 4lpm of hho.(I reckon I might be to high on amp an hho for whats really needed)

Without anything, just the cel the truck went for 500km by tank to 575km so 15% mileage increase. I've started to modify efies and map, I'm over 225mv and i get the "not enough switching" check engine light so I'll back this off to 200mv.

What is the best augmentation in mileage you've got with these trucks?
And, do you have any other advice to get this truck to save more gas?

Thanks!

(11-04-2008 07:53 PM)srorex Wrote:  All makes and models are very different when it comes to the electronics. I have put many fuel cells in many GM vehicles. The trucks tend to be the most difficult. I haven't worked on any older than 1998 but it is likely similar.
1st. you will need to be making a min of 1 lpm HHO
2nd you will need EFIE, the max you can likely add is 225mv
3rd you will need MAP enhancer, makes a huge difference on GM trucks. All of the GM trucks I have worked on have both MAP and MAF sensors. I adjust both but MAP is the most important.

Like the others said, use a bubbler, relay, and have an on off switch

I would not try to go through a vacuum
I would suggest using KOH and not NAOH or Baking soda

Good luck

Steve
2001 GMC Z71 5.3L
10-13-2009 05:41 AM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(11-03-2008 02:09 PM)wallace Wrote:  just installed a single cell Water4Gas HHO generator. The system works, but I didn't get an increase in mileage.

Any tips out there?
Not right now I have two water4gas generators and a 1993 GMC S15 Jimmy 4WD with a 4.3 Vortec would like to know more how your system works. I Plan on using both the tee into the PCV (before the intake) as well as the injection into the air intake after the air filter.

If you get good results I would appreciate knowing what happens!
10-31-2009 03:20 PM
colchiro Offline

(10-31-2009 03:20 PM)houdini1953 Wrote:  If you get good results I would appreciate knowing what happens!

Good luck with that Wallace hasn't logged in for about a year.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-31-2009 06:47 PM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(10-31-2009 06:47 PM)colchiro Wrote:  
(10-31-2009 03:20 PM)houdini1953 Wrote:  If you get good results I would appreciate knowing what happens!

Good luck with that Wallace hasn't logged in for about a year.

I will pay more attention in the future as to post dates. I do have two Water4Gas generators and have not yet hooked them into the vehicle as I am reading all that I can about it and looking for others that have actually used any of the systems. Both my generators use 316L stainless with four wires each and having about 9 wraps around the 1/4" tower and the wires are wrapped with a 1/2" spacing but thinking of adding more wire and changing the spacing to 1/4".

Should I only inject the HHO in the air intake and not use a tee into the intake after the PCV valve (as I assume that it would be a vacuum) and in addition to check valves should I also go through a bubbler? Attached is a pic of one of the generators out of the glass jar.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-02-2009 07:21 AM