Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rookie
gj99us Offline

rookie
I am in the process of building my 1st hydrogen generator. I have a 92 Buick Roadmaster w/ the LT1 engine. My plan is to use a 6"OD w/ a .083 wall SS304 rd tube for the tank The electrode will be a 2" OD X .083 wall SS304 rd tube. I plan on welding the 2" tube to the top of the generator I plan on using 2" PVC to insulate the electrode and then wrap a coil of SS wire on top of that. Can any one tell me if I am on the track?

Thanks
Gary
04-17-2008 03:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: rookie
Well, it'll probably work. But the designs that use plates are way better than the ones that use wire. I would recommend you look at this article on Bob Boyce's plans.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-17-2008 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gj99us Offline

mike Wrote:Well, it'll probably work. But the designs that use plates are way better than the ones that use wire. I would recommend you look at this article on Bob Boyce's plans.
Thanks Mike
04-17-2008 11:49 AM
Leftwings22 Offline

gj99us Wrote:
mike Wrote:Well, it'll probably work. But the designs that use plates are way better than the ones that use wire. I would recommend you look at this article on Bob Boyce's plans.
Thanks Mike

Do A LOT of research first!

Item 1, use ONLY 316L SS, and not 304, as the 304 will leetch out the fe (iron) in the 304 SS, and that is a bad thing inside a cell.

For some ideas and serious learning, view Sid Young & Zerofossilfuel on YouTube as a start.

Mike, you can use any and all of my prior posts to refer questions like this to.

Lefty

First! Our Planets Energy Concerns = F!OPEC

"100% of the shots you dont take wont go in"
Wayne Gretzky
04-17-2008 08:59 PM
mike Offline

I've been looking for a suitable place to post this quote from Lefty, and I believe this is it. It's taken from out of a conversation with another person new to HHO:

Leftwings22 Wrote:HHO gas, when burned travels at 8,160 feet PER SECOND. There in NO check valve in the world that is fast enough in closing to prevent the fire from getting past it. You NEED a bubbler in your system, period.

Next, introducing HHO into your manifold is an extreme NO NO. If nothing else, what happens to water under a vacuum? It boils at a lower temperature, and boiling water creates steam. I am actually surprised your car even runs to be honest with you. I had to search the thread to get the car you have. Your quote is “The car is a 1994 Buick Century with a 3.1 liter motor.”. Do you have the Haynes Manual for that car? If not, and even if you do, here is a link to your cars specs, courtesy of another persons report in another thread (sorry, I do not recall who wrote it to give proper credit, I have already looked up A LOT for this report!). http://www.autozone.com/shopping/vehicleSelect1.htm
According to this site, your car has a 3.3L V6, or a 2.5L 4-banger.

This is the correct way to introduce HHO to a vehicle, it was written by a friend and associate of mine in a private HHO Developers forum… “input the gas between the mass air sensor (MAS) and the intake butterfly, not before the intake sensor, and not after the butterfly. If its before the sensor, the computer will see it as intake air, and actually as a lot of intake air, reason for that is MAS sensors work off a wire that gets hot, more air cools it down, less air it heats up, hydrogen has the highest heat absorption rate of any known gas, so it will cool the wire down more than normal air, and the engine will richen up. After the butterfly, and your putting the cell under a vacuum at idle and less of a vacuum at wide open throttle (wot) which means the water in the cell will boil at a lower temp and its steam going into the chamber not HHO, which kills the combustibility of the fuels, yes there is a steam effect that can help an engine get more power out of the heat of combustion, but too much hurts the combustion. In theory there is no real need to adjust the o2 sensor, as you already are by introducing more fuel and air in a way that the engine isn't seeing and therefore the engine is running "leaner" on gasoline already because of it.” I know, perhaps to understand, but after you understand your car more, it makes sense.

Another thing, you stated “No I have not checked it for leaks! It operates under a vacuum, so why would it matter. All of the gas it makes would go into the motor.”. Well, get a soft drink and put a straw in it, and put a hole in the upper part of the straw, and what happens? Enough said.

I can go on and on and on here, such as a bubbler, flash-back arrestor, and how to check the volume of gas you are producing. Bottom line here, is instead of throwing money at your project, throw time in doing the research FIRST. I will give you some VERY IMPORTANT info guys and learning vids to look for in YouTube. Look for http://www.youtube.com/user/sidyoung, http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroFossilFuel, http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartScarecrow, http://www.youtube.com/user/d3adp001, among others, but that right there is a VERY GOOD start at learning a few of the necessary things you NEED to know when dealing with HHO gas.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-18-2008 08:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply