Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
running b-cell, and efie no change in mpg
jjw2564 Offline

Rolleyes running b-cell, and efie no change in mpg
I am running the b-cell and an efie. I have no change in my mpg. I started the efie at 130 then 150 then 200 and now 220. the mpg are just not changing. I am on my high signal wire from o2 sensor. The car runs great just know change. do I need the MAP sensor to get results. any Ideas. 2003 saturn vue
03-10-2009 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: running b-cell, and efie no change in mpg
You threw me for a loop when you said "high signal" since that's terminology we usually use on the wideband efies. Wink

Have you measured the output of your cell? How much current?

Have you tweaked any other sensors? How is your hho being introduced, air filter or vacuum?
See my "Tuning for Mileage" link for info on tweaking other sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-10-2009 02:58 PM
jjw2564 Offline

I am putting out good HHo, straight into the air flow before throttle body. Even if no HHo was introduced the mpg should change. The efie should lean it out. I have not changed anything else on the car. I run 20 amps hot, 11 amps cold.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 04:43 PM by jjw2564.)
03-10-2009 04:41 PM
colchiro Offline

Where are you connecting to your o2, at the sensor or at the ecu?

What happens if you crank your efie too high, like over 400, do you throw a code? If so, what is it?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 05:04 PM by colchiro.)
03-10-2009 05:01 PM
thomasbala Offline

(03-10-2009 04:41 PM)jjw2564 Wrote:  I am putting out good HHo, straight into the air flow before throttle body. Even if no HHo was introduced the mpg should change. The efie should lean it out. I have not changed anything else on the car. I run 20 amps hot, 11 amps cold.
Even though you think you're putting out sufficient HHO you should test the out put. I like at least 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement. I know others say .5 lpm HHO per liter of displacement is sufficient. In any event the formula, sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain, works just about every time. You need to trouble shoot this in a methodical, logical way. Gotta have HHO burning so the EFIE can tell the ECU the mixture is lambda, 14.7:1, not lean. Good Luck and keep us posted.
03-10-2009 08:12 PM
jjw2564 Offline

I am connected close to the ecu. I'll try an up the efie an see if I get any codes.
03-11-2009 04:56 PM
colchiro Offline

The problem with connecting at the ecu is your directions might say to use a blue/white wire on a certain harness, but there's a good chance that blue/white wire can be found on 4 harnesses in that area and if you grab the wrong one, your efie could be connected to a seat belt sensor where it does you no good.

Also, there have been reports here where 4 different sources have been known to report the o2 sensor as 4 different colors so it helps to verify with a voltmeter.

I always prefer to connect under the hood where I can physically trace that wire to a convenient place.

Rick

03-11-2009 05:56 PM
Fatman1 Offline

Your B cell gains 9 amps when you run it? Is it running hot? You might be getting more vapor than HHO.
04-06-2009 05:58 AM