Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
semi truck hyco setup
Dantec Offline

semi truck hyco setup
Hi Im Danny from Canada.
my story starts when i played with my 3208 cat non turbo and bubbled diesel in tank and fed vaporino intake. 30.00 per day saveings.
now im attempting to send vapors into my turbo n14 cummings. im getting more power with my setup but i feel now i need a fuel enhancer. I have 2 coming from this web site. it will b a frequency enhancer. im using air from tanks with regulaters. im very excited . hope to gain 1 mpg but shooting for 2-3. please ask questions and give feedback. thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-07-2012 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: semi truck hyco setup
I didn't understand completely. You're making vapors from diesel gas?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-07-2012 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

Yes. Feeding diesel vapors into intake. Well I was but now with my new setup I'm sending diesel/metenol and water vapor using the two air tanks u see here
I'll try to explain it better. Smile
Air comes from air system to a regulater (say 15 lbs) than into first tank 1/2 filled with diesel/ methanol than vapor leaves there and goes into second tank that has water/methanol in it. From there it goes to intake. What needs to be done I think is two seperate lines need to be ran from tank exits and sent to intake. But all this can be adjusted once I get the enhancer. I have a master switch on the dash that shuts everything down and a main fuse inline coming from battery. Two level switches will be installed and pumps to keep the little tanks 1/2 full at all times
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 08:30 PM by Dantec.)
08-07-2012 08:14 PM
mike Offline

Ok, thanks. I get it now.

What have been the result so far (without the MAP Enhancer)?

Visit Our Documents Page
08-08-2012 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

(08-08-2012 06:14 AM)mike Wrote:  Ok, thanks. I get it now.

What have been the result so far (without the MAP Enhancer)?

I love the way it works. More power. I thought at first I was gaining 20-30 %. But I dident Bligh off my line leading back from intake to tank so I was loosing a little boost pressure. ( dummy ). But saying that. I got 7.8 mpg with it hooked up and that was fully loaded with 25-30 ton of gravel on. I've never got that before. Maybe at the most 7 mpg loaded. So I'm excited to try the enhancer when it gets here.
08-08-2012 07:13 AM
mike Offline

Ok, I get it. With the MAP Enhancer, you should set it so that you have all the horsepower that you had before adding your system. The enhancer will swap out that extra horsepower for fuel mileage.

Please post your final results. I'm interested in what that system will do for you.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-08-2012 08:51 AM
Dantec Offline

(08-08-2012 08:51 AM)mike Wrote:  Ok, I get it. With the MAP Enhancer, you should set it so that you have all the horsepower that you had before adding your system. The enhancer will swap out that extra horsepower for fuel mileage.

Please post your final results. I'm interested in what that system will do for you.

I sure hope so. I have a guy with 7 trucks with money in hand if I can make this work . I've been at this two months and countless hrs not to mention 2000.00 in different setups. Lol. Love it!!!
08-08-2012 04:30 PM
Dantec Offline

Ok... I have the enhancer on the truck. Now I've found it very sensitive but I have turned the power down so the turbo would hardly reach 20 lbs boost. So I think I have it hooked up properly . I thought from the voltage amount at idle that I had a frequency MAP but nothing but real black smoke when I punched it with any setup but volt settings. My question is .. Is there a rule of thumb for setting with a volt meter. Default is .582 mv. When I turn on the vapor it drops to 570 mv. Without the enhancer. Now with the enhancer turned on the lowest volts I can get being sent to the ECM is .510 - 520 mv. Maybe I should leave it at the lowest setting and hope for better mpg. It's hard to test when it takes 400.00 to fill it and I'm not busy with the truck right now. Again please ask and comment. I'm sure I'm on the right track now that I can turn down my power. A dyno would test it better. I'll use my phone dyno tomorrow and try setting it than
(08-11-2012 03:25 PM)Dantec Wrote:  Ok... I have the enhancer on the truck. Now I've found it very sensitive but I have turned the power down so the turbo would hardly reach 20 lbs boost. So I think I have it hooked up properly . I thought from the voltage amount at idle that I had a frequency MAP but nothing but real black smoke when I punched it with any setup but volt settings. My question is .. Is there a rule of thumb for setting with a volt meter. Default is .582 mv. When I turn on the vapor it drops to 570 mv. Without the enhancer. Now with the enhancer turned on the lowest volts I can get being sent to the ECM is .510 - 520 mv. Maybe I should leave it at the lowest setting and hope for better mpg. It's hard to test when it takes 400.00 to fill it and I'm not busy with the truck right now. Again please ask and comment. I'm sure I'm on the right track now that I can turn down my power. A dyno would test it better. I'll use my phone dyno tomorrow and try setting it than

Ps/. I dident keep it tuned at 20 lbs boost. I set it just a little under full default boost of 35 lbs and hope the vapor will make up the loss
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 10:45 AM by mike.)
08-11-2012 03:25 PM
Dantec Offline

So took it for a dyno test. Let's say the without the vapors mv were .560. When I add the vapors with more air I see the volt drop to 500. So what I did was turn th enhancer back up to .560 with the vapor on. I get better power and response out of engine so rather that's good or bad ill find out at fill up.
08-12-2012 06:27 AM
mike Offline

I should have asked this before, but what year and make of tractor are you working on? Actually, maybe you're not working on a semi. But I assumed you were. Let us know the specifics of the engine.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-13-2012 10:47 AM