Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
semi truck hyco setup
Dantec Offline

RE: semi truck hyco setup
(08-13-2012 10:47 AM)mike Wrote:  I should have asked this before, but what year and make of tractor are you working on? Actually, maybe you're not working on a semi. But I assumed you were. Let us know the specifics of the engine.

thanks for asking Mike i really am glad your helping
its a 1997 western star Cummings N14 plus celect.
I was chatting with my diesel guy today and what i have is a turbo pressure sensor.
i asked him if the voltage dropped when i turned the vapors (without enhancer) on what did that tell him and he said the injectors were cut back.(voltage drop = leaner fuel) but saying that i had unstable gains.
my question tonight is ... if at a idle the ecm cut back fuel ? what happens when im driving?
Im wondering i if i used the enhancer to just match the voltage reading i see if it would lock the ecm from drifting and give me stable gains. Im not running alot of diesel through the truck but I will next week so Ill know more than. i think im on the right track. Wink
08-14-2012 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ok, great. Let me know what you find out.

We usually use HHO systems on a truck of that size with no electronic enhancement. We expect to get about 15% gains or so. But I've heard of guys using MAP Enhancers on their turbo boost pressure sensors.

MAP Enhancers are a good choice for this because they don't take away a set amount of voltage from the signal wire. They take away a percentage of the voltage. That way, when you are idling, very little reduction of the signal occurs. When you have the engine under more load, the signal change is greater. Just food for thought.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 07:16 AM by mike.)
08-15-2012 07:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

I just ordered a fuel flow meter to measure the return line flow to see if there is any gain from the factory setup vers my vapor and enhancer . The injector is charged by pump and what it doesent use is sent back to tank. A idea anyway.
Holy!!!! I'm going to corner this thing. Lol. Next week I'll be putting 200+ miles on a day with 32 ton payload. I'll have all the testing in can handle than...
08-15-2012 01:52 PM
Dantec Offline

(08-15-2012 07:15 AM)mike Wrote:  Ok, great. Let me know what you find out.

We usually use HHO systems on a truck of that size with no electronic enhancement. We expect to get about 15% gains or so. But I've heard of guys using MAP Enhancers on their turbo boost pressure sensors.

MAP Enhancers are a good choice for this because they don't take away a set amount of voltage from the signal wire. They take away a percentage of the voltage. That way, when you are idling, very little reduction of the signal occurs. When you have the engine under more load, the signal change is greater. Just food for thought.

Ok mike. Never knew that. I'll keep that in mind. Wow! So much to learn here. I better start reall small on the voltage drop and see if I gain . Thanks
08-15-2012 07:42 PM
Dantec Offline

Here's my setup out on the floor. I changed tanks around so air in entering the water 1st than the diesel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaxIGva5l...ata_player
08-16-2012 02:01 PM
mike Offline

Cool. So you're making both diesel and water vapor, right? And the diesel vapor goes into the water tank and they both come out together? Are you losing any diesel fuel in the water tank? It seems like some of the diesel would condense and get caught in the water tank.

I like this idea.

I agree that you should run separate lines to the intake.

Please keep us informed as to the fuel mileage increase you get.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-16-2012 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

Hi mike.
Well I was going through the diesel first than through the water but the small bubbler holes I have for the water side slowed down the air flow and I wasent getting any vapor comming from the diesel tank . I say puzzled over this for a long time ..
I really dident try starting with the water 1st because I dident want water in my diesel tank.
But I did it anyway as you see in viser and I got the diesel vapor back with a little moisture.
I like this setup . I can always put a water seperator or a filter with a tap on the bottom to catch any water droplets comming from the water tank to the diesel tank.
If all this works each will have their own altrasonic level switch and a pump to top them up from two seperate holding tanks. Than I can add what magic mix I want .
FYI!!! I tried to light the diesel/menthol vapor in that jug but nothing. No flash. So I'm still safe there. If it was heated vapor I feel that would be a different story. That's good for now. Happy fueling!!!
08-16-2012 02:58 PM
Dantec Offline

hope to start hauling tomorrow.
enhancer is setup on my N14 CUMMINGS
Two 1 gal air tanks 1/2 loaded with diesel/methenol and bubbling.
20 lbs air flow going through them.
wish me luck. Ill fill up every day so i should get a good feel of which setting to leave the enhancer. I also changed the imput of my vavor to a small pipe going through the steel intake pipe with 4 holes drilled in it to desplace the vapors equally to each cylenders. If this doesent show any improvement I may have to quit this. It worked on my non turbo ,non ecm motor a few years back but this may be to much for me........NOT>>> LOL

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-27-2012 07:19 PM
mike Offline

It definitely should work. Please keep us informed.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-28-2012 10:36 AM