Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
smacks works, with work
dgallagher Offline

smacks works, with work
I installed the Smacksbooster in my 94 Toyota
Corrola that has 294000 miles to date. I also installed the Fuelsaver
EFIE. After some time learning how to adjust both devices I can verify the
following results. Highway driving with AC on the Corrola averaged 29 mpg.
With AC on and both flux capasiter devices turned on and operational I
opptained 45.5 mpg over a 60 mile test range. THIS DOES WORK. However it
comes with some additional maintenance, give me a call if you would like
more details. Anyone can do this and it is 1918 technology so don't be
intimidated. Also, I did hear on CNN that if we could improve our mpg 3
mpg on average across the nation we would be foreign oil free so PASS THIS
ON.
P.S Before adjusting either devises allow the car to warm up for at least 15 to 20 mins. Also recommend installing amp gauge in line, and only read it after warm up.

Toyota fuel tank = 13.2 gallons
16.5 per gallon increase
217.8 increase mpg per tank
?????
http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/
06-21-2008 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: smacks works, with work
Congratulations on your mileage gain!

FYI: As to the US being free from foreign oil, that's a myth. Not that it's not possible, but that it won't happen. Why? The dollar (actually a federal reserve note, which is an instrament of debt) is being held up by the purchasing of foreign oil. Without it the dollar would collapse in short order, which it will before long anyway.
06-21-2008 11:18 PM
Dino Offline

That's a nice gain bro it's nice to hear a success story, it would be great to see some pictures of your setup I'm also modifying a old Toyota. Any tips and information on your setup would be greatSmile
06-22-2008 05:27 AM
brupska Offline

I have a 2000 Chevy Prizm with 99000 miles and a new engine. I get around 32 mpg average a tank driving about 70 mph and 35 mpg to 37 mpg driving 60 mph. I have ordered a Scangauge II and a EFIE from Fuel Saver. Now I need to start buying a building a Smacks unit. If there is any info you have on your Corolla that will help since the Corolla and the Prizm are the same vehicle. I am also worried about drawing a full 20 Amps on such a little car. I think I will try for 10 amps to start with and go from there. Any sugestions will help. Thanks Brad
06-22-2008 06:45 AM
cmac Offline

I like the flux capacitor reference sounds better than EFIE (ifie)
06-22-2008 06:46 AM
jksav7 Offline

I just read, according to Bob Boyce, the the Smacks unit really should be held back to around 13 amps (no more). Reason being that the plates will have a short life-span of maybe a year or two or maybe less. Over 13 amps is too much current density for long plate life. There's a formula for that.

brupska Wrote:I have a 2000 Chevy Prizm with 99000 miles and a new engine. I get around 32 mpg average a tank driving about 70 mph and 35 mpg to 37 mpg driving 60 mph. I have ordered a Scangauge II and a EFIE from Fuel Saver. Now I need to start buying a building a Smacks unit. If there is any info you have on your Corolla that will help since the Corolla and the Prizm are the same vehicle. I am also worried about drawing a full 20 Amps on such a little car. I think I will try for 10 amps to start with and go from there. Any sugestions will help. Thanks Brad
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2008 01:40 PM by jksav7.)
06-22-2008 01:39 PM
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

that 20 amp number has always seemed HUGE to me. I know it says to run it at that but there comes a point where amperage is bad.
06-22-2008 04:19 PM
glbart Offline

Can u post some more info about your settings, amps, efie mv, booster output. I also have a smacks and efie, been trying for 2 months no real mileage increase. Any help would be great.
06-22-2008 04:48 PM
dgallagher Offline

I will work to get some pictures to you. My booster is made to smacks spec with the exception of larger tubing I.E. a1/2 in outer 3/8 inner diamiter tubing instead of quarter inch. I agree with reduced amps. Anything over 20 will blow my 30 amp braker over time. I am now running closer to 15 amps the booster takes alittle longer to start bubbling but seems to be producing the same amount of gas.
06-22-2008 05:50 PM
dgallagher Offline

tjh566 Wrote:that 20 amp number has always seemed HUGE to me. I know it says to run it at that but there comes a point where amperage is bad.

One thing I did not mention is that during prep I polarized my plates after the sanding and dimpling. I am checking my booster and amp output before ever use at this time. I also had some leaks to resolve. I would check you Efie setting. Is it 200 mv or higher? If you can I also checked my oxygen sensor output as it comes into the computer to see what the final input is, for my Toyota if should jump around between 325 450 550 and some times higher. In the plans it shows a current on each pair of plates use a volt meter to check to see if you are getting the same readings and that none of your plates are shorting.

Good luck

http://rides.webshots.com/album/563889490CPUUaJ
06-23-2008 10:44 AM