Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
smog test with & w/o vaporizer
rpatzer Offline

smog test with & w/o vaporizer
I passed my smog test with stock settings. With the EFIE(.025) and Vaporizer on, I lowered all my numbers except the NO which more than doubled causing me to fail. I was getting about 15% mileage gain with this setting. I did a regular test and then a pre-test.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2010 10:40 AM by rpatzer.)
03-24-2010 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
visek Offline

RE: smog test with & w/o vaporizer
(03-24-2010 10:39 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  I passed my smog test with stock settings. With the EFIE(.025) and Vaporizer on, I lowered all my numbers except the NO which more than doubled causing me to fail. I was getting about 15% mileage gain with this setting. I did a regular test and then a pre-test.

These people solved the NOX issue by heating the intake air...

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/in...ntion.html

"Why not heat the incoming air, too?

That causes it to expand ( the same principle a hot air balloon relies on) and fill up more space with less air. Combined with vaporized gasoline, they could keep the air-fuel ratio the same, dodging the pollution problem.

The heated mixture had another benefit, Bushnell and Dean said. Its "flame speed" -- how fast it burned -- and its explosive potential were higher than normal. That meant much more of it could be exploded when the piston was at its optimum position. And that meant they could use less gasoline without sacrificing power."
04-26-2010 01:48 AM
Gary Offline

This is an awesome discovery. I think I'll redesign my lawnmower vaporizer (if I ever get done with the Harley mods that is) to include heated incoming air from the exhaust. I want to built it so it can be started without the carb; a simple fuel feed port just for starting, using the existing carb jets, but I have some thinking to do yet on it.
05-01-2010 06:30 AM
rpatzer Offline

(05-01-2010 06:30 AM)Gary Wrote:  This is an awesome discovery. I think I'll redesign my lawnmower vaporizer (if I ever get done with the Harley mods that is) to include heated incoming air from the exhaust. I want to built it so it can be started without the carb; a simple fuel feed port just for starting, using the existing carb jets, but I have some thinking to do yet on it.

Gary- I read through Ray Bushnells project. How does heating the incoming air maintain the same 14.7:1 ratio? What does vaporizing the liquid do to that ratio?
Is it possible to lean out the liquid fuel and then add in vaporized fuel to still maintain that same ratio and also improve the mileage?
05-01-2010 11:39 AM
Gary Offline

I don't recall mention of stochiometric ratio in there, but I would imagine that it would not be the same once all the parameters are changed. Consider that it was set up for stock engines, and with this method, you are absolutely not working a stock fuel system anymore, nor temperatures the same.
We allready know that we get better mileage in summer, across the deserts, and things do get a bit leaner. Using pure vapor was evidently working for FE, but not for NOx emmissions until the intake air was heated. I would assume that this gives it a clean bill of health, but am not sure without them doing further testing. This may be the fuel system of the future if it's so.
05-01-2010 12:41 PM
stevebutler44 Offline

I know that We have to use pure vapor for getting good mileage, But We can not find pure vapor as well. As per mine opinion, We can lean out the liquid fuel and also add new vapor fuel . After do all activities , We can see the good mileage which We want.

Kitchens
10-13-2010 08:40 PM
Gary Offline

(10-13-2010 08:40 PM)stevebutler44 Wrote:  I know that We have to use pure vapor for getting good mileage, But We can not find pure vapor as well. As per mine opinion, We can lean out the liquid fuel and also add new vapor fuel . After do all activities , We can see the good mileage which We want.

What do you mean you can't find pure vapor? If you're bubbling intake air through gasoline and using that air to run the motor without adding more gasoline, it's as pure as it gets.
10-14-2010 05:02 AM
Drew Offline

smog test with & w/o vaporizer system
(10-13-2010 08:40 PM)stevebutler44 Wrote:  I know that We have to use pure vapor for getting good mileage, But We can not find pure vapor as well. As per mine opinion, We can lean out the liquid fuel and also add new vapor fuel . After do all activities , We can see the good mileage which We want.

When you are talking about vapor, are you talking about cold vapor or hot vapor? I'm looking to looking to go with a cold vapor system that recirculates your emission plus adds minor amounts of additional fuel to get the vapor for better fuel economy. I'm putting my order in for the AGS Vaporizer System as, I've chatted with others out there that have seen good results by using theirs. Big Grin
I look forward to good results as $3.80 a gallon is killing me on my commutes. They have two systems, one is called the GLS system and other other is called the MPG System. As, I'm going to commit to the Vaporizer MPG System. As, I was wondering if you tried either of these or have any additional knowledge of these cold vapor systems? Smile
The one I'm going to try is on this website here http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com the other that I decided against is at http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm -- I'm kinda new at this so if I do something wrong? My apology to you.
Thanks in advance for any input
03-31-2011 01:07 PM
rpatzer Offline

RE: smog test with & w/o vaporizer system
(03-31-2011 01:07 PM)Drew Wrote:  

When you are talking about vapor, are you talking about cold vapor or hot vapor? I'm looking to looking to go with a cold vapor system that recirculates your emission plus adds minor amounts of additional fuel to get the vapor for better fuel economy. I'm putting my order in for the AGS Vaporizer System as, I've chatted with others out there that have seen good results by using theirs. Big Grin
I look forward to good results as $3.80 a gallon is killing me on my commutes. They have two systems, one is called the GLS system and other other is called the MPG System. As, I'm going to commit to the Vaporizer MPG System. As, I was wondering if you tried either of these or have any additional knowledge of these cold vapor systems? Smile
The one I'm going to try is on this website here http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com the other that I decided against is at http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm -- I'm kinda new at this so if I do something wrong? My apology to you.

Drew- one thing to consider. The unit with the glass jar is to collect any oil that might come through the PCV. Mine has that jar, which means I am not putting the oil back through the plugs. I don't know how that other unit deals with the blow-by oil.
04-01-2011 04:03 PM
Drew Offline

RE: smog test with & w/o vaporizer system
(04-01-2011 04:03 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(03-31-2011 01:07 PM)Drew Wrote:  When you are talking about vapor, are you talking about cold vapor or hot vapor? I'm looking to looking to go with a cold vapor system that recirculates your emission plus adds minor amounts of additional fuel to get the vapor for better fuel economy. I'm putting my order in for the AGS Vaporizer System as, I've chatted with others out there that have seen good results by using theirs. Big Grin

Drew- one thing to consider. The unit with the glass jar is to collect any oil that might come through the PCV. Mine has that jar, which means I am not putting the oil back through the plugs. I don't know how that other unit deals with the blow-by oil.

rpatzer - (thanks for contacting me) Smile the glass jar makes sense as does the way the fuel and emissions are primed from better vapor combustion. The http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com site has a display where the emission and fuel mix in the (what looks to a be an) aluminum canister. I've heard some nice reports on that one. Big Grin
Then, the one at http://www.agsint.com/atom.htm (the one you say you use) in your vehicle looks like a good design. But, the lever on it, does it need adjusted periodically? As, I 've also read good reports on that one as well.
Thanks in advance ofr your response Big Grin
04-01-2011 04:21 PM