Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sorry mike if this is here - possible air/fuel ratio sensor solution?
gogetit Offline

sorry mike if this is here - possible air/fuel ratio sensor solution?
hello all. i had a question a couple weeks back about installing an efie on my wifes 2004 4runner, with dual air/fuel ratio sensors, not O2 sensors, and was told the efie would not work on this sensor set up. i have not had a chance to try, it because i just found it, but this is a possible solution for my (and im sure a lot of peoples) problem. this link is from zerofossilfuel (youtube vids) and seems to address the problem: http://zerofossilfuel.googlepages.com/index.html
go to the plans and schematics link and then the efie link. theres no direct link to the final page.
mike, im asking what you think of this? does this setup seem like a solution? youve been very helpful in the past and i thank you.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  how to tell diff btwn o2 and air-fuel sensors.pdf (Size: 164.6 KB / Downloads: 85)
06-11-2008 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: sorry mike if this is here - possible air/fuel ratio sensor solution?
I can say I'm interested in this. I have an EFIE that I'd like to get working with my Toyota air-fuel sensor.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-12-2008 01:28 PM
mike Offline

That's the first I've heard of an EFIE working with an AFR sensor. If someone tries this be sure to post!

I get asked about AFR sensors frequently, and the solution of o2 extenders and the resistor handling are just not fully satisfactory. I would like to get a good, uniformly workable solution.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-12-2008 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fordsohc46 Offline

so do you order and efie and hook it up opposite? am i reading the link right?
06-12-2008 08:39 PM
colchiro Offline

It didn't work with my Toyota. The mix was richer with it connected either way (normal or reversed). Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-13-2008 07:29 PM