Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
still confused about flow
hhagen_1 Offline

still confused about flow
I cleaned up my home made dry cell today. I'm using sodium hydroxide now instead of baking soda witch is way better. I hooked it up out side my car with jumper cables to test the flow rate and for heating of the cell. I started with 1 table spoon and now have 1.5 table spoons to get my O2 test meter to show 1/2 liter a minute flow. My question is I saw some vapor coming out of my out let of the storage tank for my mix. Is this possibly steam? the cell is still cool to the touch so I just want to know if anyone thinks the same thing. How can it be steam if the unit is cool to the touch?
Other then that is seems to be running very nice with the new mix. I'm going to run it on HHO for 2 days and see what happens. I still have to come up with a better bubble tank my mason jar is not a good thing but poor country boy is making do with what he has until I get my other one finished it will be PVC pipe with threaded barb fittings.
The cell is a 7 plate design with 1/8" gaskets 304 ss 5 neutral plates and one positive and one ground the ground is my switch power through a 30 amp relay. powered by 20 amp fuse.
11-04-2012 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: still confused about flow
Well, if you can see it, it's not steam. Its small water droplets. And those are good for the engine.

How many amps are you running? You can't really tell if your cell is running hot or not until you have run it for some time. Then the outsides of the cell will get hot if you are running too many amps. But when you first start, the heat is only inside the cell.

Also, note. If you are tuning the cell and electrolyte mix, only do it when the engine is running. If you only use the battery, the voltage will be lower. When the engine is running the voltage will be about 2 volts higher, and this will change your amperage ALOT. So be aware of that fact.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-04-2012 08:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

That's What I did the first time I just ran it with the battery. I got long bubbles then it dawned on me the voltage difference so I started it and then the bubbles came much faster. I think my clamp on blue point meter is not working right. it tells me I'm only pulling a 1/2 a amp yet the bubbles and my flow meter say I'm putting out all most a liter a minute. You told on a previous thread that it takes 10 amps to make a liter so I'm thinking I'm pulling about 5 to 7 amps. It doesn't pull the engine down much when running so I know it can't be much more then that.
Thanks Mike still have to finish the tuning part before I run the cell in the car and got a few things to fix like the check engine light coming on between 40 and 45 mph and I need to change out the pass side CV joint support it is worn out and wobbles witch I think might be what is setting the check engine light off.
11-05-2012 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ok. Sounds good. But I would get an accurate amps reading. You should know what you are drawing.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-07-2012 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply