Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
super high mileage
fixityourselfer Offline

super high mileage
while i can't claim to have the experience of some of the HHO veterans on
this site, here is something that just doesn't make sense to me:

Here we've got an entire website explaining that you will not get mpg gains with hho alone, you need to properly tune/lean out your engine,

but then we've got a member "wolfram" who is claiming mpg #'s in the high 50's, 70's and 80's with nothing more than "lots of tinfoil on the O2" for tuning!

(He said early in the first post after quoting very high #'s that "his efie was coming soon")

and he did another probe (the v6 one) and got 49 mpg with NO mods. only generator addition.
don't we have an entire site here telling that you will NOT gain till you properly fool the computer because it fights you?!
i was gonna go and get some efie's for my car, but now i'm seeing wolfram's claims, which are confusing.
if it was just one car, you can say it's a "golden goose". but the second probe that he did has a epa hwy rating of 24mpg(v6 auto&v6 manual) and he got 49!
can someone please explain?
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2009 08:35 PM by fixityourselfer.)
04-27-2009 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbillr Offline

RE: super high mileage
First off, this is an older model car that had some sensors but not near as many as the cars do today:
95 ford probe

There are significant changes since then that have made it much more difficult to obtain those kind of gains, but not to say they still can't happen. For example, the foil doesn't work on the newer cars like it does on his.
Every car is different, make, model, engine, tranny, accessories, these all make is so difficult there is no cookie cutter solution. Even each persons driving style effects it.

"wolfram" has been hit a lot by the nay sayers and is getting tired of them all basically calling him a fake and lier. I don't blame him, I would to. But as long as he is getting these amazing results, he is enjoying them while they last, laughing all the way to the bank.

Do your research and build what works best for your application. What car do you have and maybe there is someone that can answer the question or have a solution that is more relevant to your situation. Or, go buy a 95 ford probe. Smile

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2009 08:26 AM by mrbillr.)
04-28-2009 08:24 AM
thomasbala Offline

(04-27-2009 07:53 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  while i can't claim to have the experience of some of the HHO veterans on

Here we've got an entire website explaining that you will not get mpg gains with hho alone, you need to properly tune/lean out your engine,

but then we've got a member "wolfram" who is claiming mpg #'s in the high 50's, 70's and 80's with nothing more than "lots of tinfoil on the O2" for tuning!

(He said early in the first post after quoting very high #'s that "his efie was coming soon")

and he did another probe (the v6 one) and got 49 mpg with NO mods. only generator addition.
don't we have an entire site here telling that you will NOT gain till you properly fool the computer because it fights you?!
i was gonna go and get some efie's for my car, but now i'm seeing wolfram's claims, which are confusing.
if it was just one car, you can say it's a "golden goose". but the second probe that he did has a epa hwy rating of 24mpg(v6 auto&v6 manual) and he got 49!
There's nothing like finding out for yourself. Good HHO generators, dry cells, are pretty cheap nowadays and vastly improved from the old "brick in a bath". Hope you don't have a monster V8. Assuming you've got a 4 or small 6 cylinder car you could buy everything but the EFIE for $150.00 or less. Depending on how much you've read and how handy you are - about 4 to 8 hours of your time. See what happens with a few tankfulls. If you've got sufficient HHO production, at least 1 lpm, mpg should go down [yes, down] if you've got an OBDII vehicle [I think '96 and up]. Then you know HHO works for your car and you can then spring for an EFIE. The new digital EFIE sold by the proprietor of this forum looks like the cat's meow of EFIEs. The risk/reward ratio is vastly in your favor; downside is not that much; upside of a decent [20%] mpg gain is nothing to sneeze at. Good Luck. Don't forget no matter what you run into chances are someone on this board has run into the same problem and has a solution.
04-28-2009 09:57 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

(04-27-2009 07:53 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  while i can't claim to have the experience of some of the HHO veterans on

My advice to everyone who wants to experience super high mileage without mods (other than hho injection) ... buy yourself a manual, 4 cyl 2nd generation Ford Probe!

I've saved so much money in gas this past year - it's almost unreal.
But aside from any ford probes I've installed on (and my mum's Saturn), I haven't witnessed as near spectacular results at all. My neighbor recently bought a used 96 probe, and had me install a unit for him (only to the PCV) - and he's reported back with 52 mpg hwy. We both agree he could get more if he didn't have a lead foot.

So yeah, that's my advice. Buy a Probe. As far as I'm concerned, it's the golden goose of HHO hybriding.

edit:
I also now admit that the tin foil probably does nothing. This is coming from my experience with the idle during the winter months - as the cold weather would cause the idle to rest around 2k rpm's. Alot of gas is wasted at that idle, and apparently the tin foil didn't warm the o2 sensor up enough -if at all.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2009 03:33 PM by wulfram.)
04-29-2009 03:31 PM
cmac0351 Offline

I've wondered if wulfram's gains come partly because of the inefficient generator. Perhaps he makes enough steam that it doubles as a water vapor injector, too.

(04-29-2009 03:31 PM)wulfram Wrote:  

My advice to everyone who wants to experience super high mileage without mods (other than hho injection) ... buy yourself a manual, 4 cyl 2nd generation Ford Probe!

I've saved so much money in gas this past year - it's almost unreal.
But aside from any ford probes I've installed on (and my mum's Saturn), I haven't witnessed as near spectacular results at all. My neighbor recently bought a used 96 probe, and had me install a unit for him (only to the PCV) - and he's reported back with 52 mpg hwy. We both agree he could get more if he didn't have a lead foot.

So yeah, that's my advice. Buy a Probe. As far as I'm concerned, it's the golden goose of HHO hybriding.

edit:
I also now admit that the tin foil probably does nothing. This is coming from my experience with the idle during the winter months - as the cold weather would cause the idle to rest around 2k rpm's. Alot of gas is wasted at that idle, and apparently the tin foil didn't warm the o2 sensor up enough -if at all.
05-05-2009 05:41 PM