Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the PROPER way to override the ECU
fixityourselfer Offline

the PROPER way to override the ECU
http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/

this neat piece was made specially for volvos, but i cant imagine it isn't available for other vehicles .
it allows complete control over the fuel injection.

I assume, that with hho and a egt gauge, you should be able to gradually lean out more and more till the egt begins to rise above your pre-hho baseline. NOW we can talk about doubling mileage with hho. no?

please correct me if i'm going wrong somewhere...yes six hundred gbp is alot of money, but if its the only way to lean out properly, then its the only way.

but, will it WORK?
12-21-2009 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: the PROPER way to override the ECU
I just got my frequency MAF board (propeller) working (this is for Mitsubishi and Ford) since I could not get an efie to do anything on my car. Didnt cost me anywhere near that amount.

I can say from initial testing I could not get my EGT to go up at all..?

I just started losing power if I went too lean. Very hard to find the right point while you are driving.. Im beginning to think this stuff needs to be done on a dyno ?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 10:54 PM by jbalat.)
12-21-2009 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

(12-21-2009 09:33 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/

this neat piece was made specially for volvos, but i cant imagine it isn't available for other vehicles .

I assume, that with hho and a egt gauge, you should be able to gradually lean out more and more till the egt begins to rise above your pre-hho baseline. NOW we can talk about doubling mileage with hho. no?

please correct me if i'm going wrong somewhere...yes six hundred gbp is alot of money, but if its the only way to lean out properly, then its the only way.

but, will it WORK?

Sounds like the cat's meow, except for the price. At about $1,200 U.S. I'd have a payback of at least 5 years unless gas gets back up to $4.00/gal. Even then, the new digital EFIE looks like a lot easier to install, adjust and way, way cheaper.
12-22-2009 03:31 PM
Roland Jacques Offline

(12-22-2009 03:31 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(12-21-2009 09:33 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/

but, will it WORK?

Sounds like the cat's meow, except for the price. At about $1,200 U.S. I'd have a payback of at least 5 years unless gas gets back up to $4.00/gal. Even then, the new digital EFIE looks like a lot easier to install, adjust and way, way cheaper.
They make Air fuel programmable chips that can do this for most cars. costs around $300-$600. Apex makes a few different kinds. They look complicated & intimidating to me. I think you have to get a tuning shop to program them right.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2010 07:43 AM by Roland Jacques.)
01-03-2010 07:41 AM
thomasbala Offline

Do the same thing with an EFIE for about $100.00. Here's how it works: the amount of fuel that is injected is determined by the "pulse width" which is an electrical signal sent from the ECU to the injectors telling the injector how long the pintle should stay open. The longer the pintle is open, the more fuel. The ECU gets its data as to pulse width from a lot of places but mostly from the signal it gets from the O2 sensors or A/ F sensors. The EFIE controls the signal from the O2 or A/F sensor to the ECU. Because you spend more money doesn't mean you get better results.
01-03-2010 12:56 PM