Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the tohmahak cell
tohmahak Offline

the tohmahak cell
Hello again everybody, I made a 3d animation of a 36 plate dry cell, its a little bit different from the conventionnal dry cell. The plate offsets the gasket so that the unit is going to act like a mini radiator and exchange heat with its environement more efficiently. I also have widen the inlet and outlet port in the plates to get a better gas and water flow.

tell me what you think, I've call this one the tohmahak cell
here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD019IocfJM
02-06-2009 05:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom1803 Offline

RE: the tohmahak cell
Nice picture show,but where is the beef

2002 PT Cruser 2.4
Phoenix, Arizona
02-06-2009 01:47 PM
Gary Offline

Yeah, amps, output, heat and howmuchdoes the dangthing WEIGH??? Smile
02-06-2009 02:30 PM
The Grench Offline

Rolleyes RE: the tohmahak cell
Nice show and sound,now show it at work.Gasp
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 03:36 PM by The Grench.)
02-06-2009 03:34 PM
tohmahak Offline

Soon people... soon!
I have the standarg drycell version of fireinthewater.com 6"x6" 36plates
but not with the wider inlet and offset plate. The video of it running will be up soon on youtube, youtube.com/tohmahak. Right now the video of the cell assembly is there under the title DryCellBuildup or something..

This animation was more to get your opinion about this desing, did you ever had any problems with cell overheating or if you've ever tought the dry cell were hard to fill and empty?
beside of that the cell is the same exact thing as a standard dry cell and should give about the same exact results...

If you want results then I had some interesting one with the previous prototype, 24 plates with 3"x6" exposed surface. The connection setup is
-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-. After conditionning for 2 nights it pukes 2lpm at 16V 14amps. I hope to get better efficiency with the 6x6 once its conditionned and mounted on my new bench test.

yo
last detail for the "results part" plate space = 3/32
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009 07:59 PM by tohmahak.)
02-06-2009 07:48 PM
abe Offline

(02-06-2009 07:48 PM)tohmahak Wrote:  Soon people... soon!
I have the standarg drycell version of fireinthewater.com 6"x6" 36plates
but not with the wider inlet and offset plate. The video of it running will be up soon on youtube, youtube.com/tohmahak. Right now the video of the cell assembly is there under the title DryCellBuildup or something..

This animation was more to get your opinion about this desing, did you ever had any problems with cell overheating or if you've ever tought the dry cell were hard to fill and empty?
beside of that the cell is the same exact thing as a standard dry cell and should give about the same exact results...

If you want results then I had some interesting one with the previous prototype, 24 plates with 3"x6" exposed surface. The connection setup is
-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-. After conditionning for 2 nights it pukes 2lpm at 16V 14amps. I hope to get better efficiency with the 6x6 once its conditionned and mounted on my new bench test.

yo
last detail for the "results part" plate space = 3/32

This is just a suggestion, but with that long hole in the bottom your cell is going to have a lot of current loss through the edge of the holes. The hole in the bottom doesn't have to be that big. Put the long slot on the top to let the gas out and you'll solve tha proublem. I did like that video, good work on that.
02-07-2009 05:31 PM
Gary Offline

Tomahak: testing at 14v would be more appropriate for automotive purposes. 16 is totally changing the configuration of the cell blocks by adding voltage across the cells.
02-07-2009 07:23 PM
tohmahak Offline

Aren't the gm's alternator 16V?
I think there are two type of voltage in cars, 14,4 and 16, correct me if I am wrong.

As for the remark on the current loss in the cell, you say this loss happens at the edge of the slot? Can you explain this in greater details?
Why is it so, and thank you for this tip, i'll make the water inlet hole smaller.
02-08-2009 02:19 PM
ptours99 Offline

(02-08-2009 02:19 PM)tohmahak Wrote:  Aren't the gm's alternator 16V?
I think there are two type of voltage in cars, 14,4 and 16, correct me if I am wrong.

As for the remark on the current loss in the cell, you say this loss happens at the edge of the slot? Can you explain this in greater details?
Why is it so, and thank you for this tip, i'll make the water inlet hole smaller.

i'm not aware of any system gas or diesel that has more than 14 v todays production especially gm.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
02-08-2009 03:02 PM
tohmahak Offline

I might be wrong then, I'll check with my friend, he's a mecanist...
He told me there were lots of alternator in the automotive market that put out 16V especially GM's older models.
02-08-2009 04:04 PM