Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ultrasonic fogger in gasoline. this looks good
xl650 Offline

RE: ultrasonic fogger in gasoline. this looks good
I have been checking into this also.There are quite a few altra sonic transducers and power supplys around but they are all sorts of different frequencies.Does anyone have an idea as to the best frequency.I found guite a few videos of different set ups (which are very basic and seemed to work)but no info on what sort of transducer was being used.
05-22-2012 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sc2dave Offline

Hey Yellowsnow, how'd your project turn out?
05-22-2012 02:28 PM
greenfuelbooster Offline

I tested 2MHz ultrasonic transducer on water (for now) ... works well.

http://youtu.be/GuZXLZTcUM8

using

http://www.amazon.com/Sunpentown-SU-1051...pd_cp_hi_1

(05-22-2012 11:25 AM)xl650 Wrote:  I have been checking into this also.There are quite a few altra sonic transducers and power supplys around but they are all sorts of different frequencies.Does anyone have an idea as to the best frequency.I found guite a few videos of different set ups (which are very basic and seemed to work)but no info on what sort of transducer was being used.
06-15-2012 06:44 AM
Dantec Offline

(06-29-2011 06:30 PM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  So has anyone experimented with these yet? I'm still searching for an adequate fogger that will run on 12v and not break the bank.

Hi. Has anyone been running a ultrasonic fogger in gas to see if it will hold up? If so could you post a link as to where to buy it? Thanks in advance.
08-08-2012 10:53 PM
hhofox Offline

I just want to know which devices I can tear down for the ultrasonic transducer! Then, I can start my experiments! Where I am, I can't go through the mail-order...too much hassle, that is.
Does anyone have details on the voltage requirements of the actual transducer.
08-09-2012 11:01 AM
mike Offline

You can get 12 volt transducers, but you have to google around for them. I know, I know. That means mail order. But I don't know where else to find them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-09-2012 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

(08-09-2012 03:23 PM)mike Wrote:  You can get 12 volt transducers, but you have to google around for them. I know, I know. That means mail order. But I don't know where else to find them.

Thanks mike. I guess one could coat the cord to protect it from being ate up from the gas. I'll check out where the 12 volt ones are and post what I find.
08-09-2012 07:33 PM
hhofox Offline

Thanks for the quick response Mike. I am gonna have to take a look around to see if I really can't get a transducer from some fogger, or something like that. I'll be sure to let you all know what I find.
08-10-2012 10:41 AM
hhofox Offline

I did some footwork and got a reference to a plant store that has the fogger. The brand is Alpine and the model number is fg100. The seller says it is small, but I'll have to see what it's likewhen I get there. Otherwise, I am gonna fish around and see if I can get one from some pest control people -one that is already made for use in an oil-based mixture! That'd make the conversion a snap, right? I'll keep you posted.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 04:38 PM by hhofox.)
08-11-2012 04:30 PM
Dantec Offline

(08-11-2012 04:30 PM)hhofox Wrote:  I did some footwork and got a reference to a plant store that has the fogger. The brand is Alpine and the model number is fg100. The seller says it is small, but I'll have to see what it's likewhen I get there. Otherwise, I am gonna fish around and see if I can get one from some pest control people -one that is already made for use in an oil-based mixture! That'd make the conversion a snap, right? I'll keep you posted.

Thanks HHOFOX.....
08-12-2012 10:01 AM