Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ultrasonic fogger in gasoline. this looks good
mike Offline

RE: ultrasonic fogger in gasoline. this looks good
I think for your seals, you just get a material that natively resists gas. I haven't looked into it, but I would think that this bridge has already been crossed. I'd be surprised if plain old EPDM rubber wouldn't do the job. I'm sure you can find rubber seals.

But bottom line, lets see this thing work. I'm excited. I think it will make a nice fuel mileage improvement.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-16-2012 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

(08-16-2012 12:50 PM)hhofox Wrote:  Thanks for the idea regarding the housing for the fogger. I plan to use a thick glass jar to house it at first so I can actually see how much vapour is being made/consumed, as well as what's taking place. The liquid level sensor you suggested looks great spec-wise, but the cost is too much for me. It did get me thinking though -and that's something I always appreciate!
I was thinking about the sealing of the unit and it was suggested that I use red gas-resistant silicone to seal the wires, as well as the ring inside the UT. That way, I wouldn't need to hunt down extra stuff, just use the gasoline resistant silicone to cover the wires, then smear it all over the gasket inside the fogger, re-assemble it, and I should be good to go. It should be chugging away just fine in gasoline after that! What are your thoughts on this guys?
Ya. That level switch is pricy . There is a cheaper (made for gas ) on there but it needs a bigger hole an
d a deeper compartment . LVN-91
KYNAR, PVDF LEVEL SWITCH under 50.00
It will need a relay to operate a pump.
My goal is to make a water and fuel vapor cannister as small as I can .
Here's my smallest so far. The 1st tank is water but it needs a fogger installed in it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaxIGva5l...ata_player
08-16-2012 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhofox Offline

Yeah, I'm getting excited too! I just got a 700Watt inverter, and some oil and gasoline resistant black silicone (blue works too). I'm just gonna coat the rubber gasket (inside the UT) with the silicone, and pop it back in there. The gasket is round, so it should seal pretty well with the silicone. After that, I'll just do the wires and all the seams of the UT. I went with the silicone because I can also seal the opening which I'll have to make for the wire to pass through the lid of the jar. That pretty much takes care of all the openings in the presence of gas. The only thing to conquer now is the sensor modification for gas. I'll either have to encase it in water, or cut it open, ground it, then seal it back up. I wonder which one is easier? How exactly did you do yours -anyone? I'll re-read some posts to see if I can get a clear picture.

Hey, Dantec, I like the tanks that you are using. Things are looking nice! Are you saying you only have one fogger in the setup?
08-17-2012 09:24 AM
Dantec Offline

(08-17-2012 09:24 AM)hhofox Wrote:  Yeah, I'm getting excited too! I just got a 700Watt inverter, and some oil and gasoline resistant black silicone (blue works too). I'm just gonna coat the rubber gasket (inside the UT) with the silicone, and pop it back in there. The gasket is round, so it should seal pretty well with the silicone. After that, I'll just do the wires and all the seams of the UT. I went with the silicone because I can also seal the opening which I'll have to make for the wire to pass through the lid of the jar. That pretty much takes care of all the openings in the presence of gas. The only thing to conquer now is the sensor modification for gas. I'll either have to encase it in water, or cut it open, ground it, then seal it back up. I wonder which one is easier? How exactly did you do yours -anyone? I'll re-read some posts to see if I can get a clear picture.
Yes pictures are great.. I hope this workes for ya. I should get a fogger ordered so we can compare notes
Hey, Dantec, I like the tanks that you are using. Things are looking nice! Are you saying you only have one fogger in the setup?

hi I dont have any fogger just air going through a bobbler i built.
but with water i will need a fogger to make the vapor i would like to see.
besides heat i wonder what else makes water vaporize more quickly without going through the fogger install..?
08-17-2012 11:25 AM
dmasud12 Offline

Thanks for such a nice forum.
We run a Nission
However, I currently I have got interested in Carp Fishing . Before going to do it, i do my shopping from http://www.carpbuddy.com where i get everything at a cheap rate.

Here you will find all types of necessary accessories including a full range of stainl
ess buzz bars, bank sticks, pods, rods, bivvy, PVA, bed chairs, unhooking mats, weigh slings all at trade prices.
08-18-2012 05:24 AM
Dantec Offline

(08-18-2012 05:24 AM)dmasud12 Wrote:  Thanks for such a nice forum.
We run a Nission
However, I currently I have got interested in Carp Fishing . Before going to do it, i do my shopping from http://www.carpbuddy.com where i get everything at a cheap rate.

Here you will find all types of necessary accessories including a full range of stainl
ess buzz bars, bank sticks, pods, rods, bivvy, PVA, bed chairs, unhooking mats, weigh slings all at trade prices.
Carp eh?

Tongue
08-18-2012 06:53 AM
mike Offline

Dantec,

You don't want water vapor. You want small water droplets. Fog. This is what gives the performance increase. Evaporated water doesn't actually help, and in fact, may reduce performance. But water droplets (fog) give a big increase in performance

For fuel, you want vapor as much as possible, because, as you know, only the vapors actually burn.

These are 2 different goals for your device.

Warming the fuel would give you an increase in vapor, and performance. But not so for the water.

If you aren't getting enough fog from your water, then perhaps a fogger is the solution.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-18-2012 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dantec Offline

(08-18-2012 07:35 AM)mike Wrote:  Dantec,

You don't want water vapor. You want small water droplets. Fog. This is what gives the performance increase. Evaporated water doesn't actually help, and in fact, may reduce performance. But water droplets (fog) give a big increase in performance

For fuel, you want vapor as much as possible, because, as you know, only the vapors actually burn.

These are 2 different goals for your device.

Warming the fuel would give you an increase in vapor, and performance. But not so for the water.

If you aren't getting enough fog from your water, then perhaps a fogger is the solution.
I think your right. I'll get a fogger and someday and install it but also what do u think of the three stage musters that work off of the turbo boost censor.? I know alot of people use them for HP but if one had it hooked up at a low rating than Mpg could improve right. ? Their marked down for 350.00 shipping in . Also comes with gauge for readout of voltage and many other things. What's is the site watermisting.com ? Or something like that...I would rather go that route than install a fogger and have it unstable plus all the friggin building stuff
08-18-2012 10:42 AM
hhofox Offline

Hi everyone, hope you enjoyed the weekend. I spent a few hours re-doing my HCS setup and trying to add vapour via my ultrasonic vaporizer.
I got the tubing sorted out, but spent a lot of time trying to modify the UT's water level sensor for gasoline operation. It has two wires which almost meet inside a copper barrel. One (1) wire is soldered to the inside of the barrel, while the other just placed adjacent to the the first, with the insulator still on.
The assembly is covered in rubber, in order to seal it. When air touches it (or any liquid with properties far enough away from water's) the sensor stops the UT from working.
The mod is to take one of the wires, then ground it to the metal body of the UT, then it will work in gasoline. The problem I am having is making a proper connection with my 40watt soldering iron. Sometimes I get it to work, and sometimes not. I just can't solder it to the base. I think I need a better soldering iron to get the job done. I'm gonna try to post pics asap.
Anyhow, that's what's holding me up at this moment. -Any suggestion is welcome.
08-20-2012 06:32 AM
mike Offline

Yes, you're right. A 40W soldering iron is nearly useless for soldering anything but a small component into a circuit board, or a couple of small gauge wires. They just don't make enough heat.
(08-18-2012 10:42 AM)Dantec Wrote:  I think your right. I'll get a fogger and someday and install it but also what do u think of the three stage musters that work off of the turbo boost censor.? I know alot of people use them for HP but if one had it hooked up at a low rating than Mpg could improve right. ? Their marked down for 350.00 shipping in . Also comes with gauge for readout of voltage and many other things. What's is the site watermisting.com ? Or something like that...I would rather go that route than install a fogger and have it unstable plus all the friggin building stuff

I'm not aware of a "3 stage mister". Do you have a link for one? Also, watermisting.com is a site for nozzles only. Is that what you meant?

Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 06:46 AM by mike.)
08-20-2012 06:42 AM