Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v-8 powered cell
realtyroy Offline

v-8 powered cell
No not a v-8 with a booster cell a series of cells powered by a v-8 ignition system.
I woke up one night with a picture of how this would change the world Smile
Figure 8 cells, 16 plates total wired alternating pos, neg. Tie all the negative together and to ground. Take a v-8 distributor and run all the positives to the cap on the distributor where the plug wires go. Wire the distributor as you normally would if it was going into a car and spin the distributor with a wiper motor.
My thought was I would have ignition voltage of about 15k going through the water on a pulsating type current and it would put out like nobody's business.

Are you picturing this so far? Well it didn't work Sad It seemed like a good idea but absolutely no production. Not sure why.
Have any of you thought about doing anything like this or maybe you have beat me to it and it did or didn't work. Any idea's why it didn't work? I figured I would have tons of production at about 10amps.
Give me your thoughts, is this totally a waste of time or is there something you think I might try.
thanks,
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-02-2008 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: v-8 powered cell
[quote=realtyroy]
No not a v-8 with a booster cell a series of cells powered by a v-8 ignition system.
REALTYROY:

The idea is HHO production. 15K volts means zip, zero, nada... You only need 2 volts per cell to get electrolysis. The key is amperage. You may have noticed that production increases in proportion to amps. Problem is safety, no.1; heat, no.2; and drag on the alternator which cancels out any gains.

The "frequency" you read and hear about appears to be pure BS. I think what happened was a bad diode which reversed polarity for a few minutes back and forth [less than the a/c cycle] allowing bubbles to free up that were statically attached to the plates.

I don't think there's been enough experimentation with electrolytes and electrolyte/ plate materials. The recent drop in the price of fuel will hurt progress but us diehards won't be satisfied until we have the equivalant mpg of $.30/gal.

Keep thinking, experimenting, tinkering... Tom Edison went through some 800 variations of the light bulb filiment until he hit pay dirt. Good Luck
11-02-2008 08:51 PM
realtyroy Offline

thomasbala Wrote:[quote=realtyroy]
REALTYROY:

The idea is HHO production. 15K volts means zip, zero, nada... You only need 2 volts per cell to get electrolysis. The key is amperage. You may have noticed that production increases in proportion to amps. Problem is safety, no.1; heat, no.2; and drag on the alternator which cancels out any gains.

The "frequency" you read and hear about appears to be pure BS. I think what happened was a bad diode which reversed polarity for a few minutes back and forth [less than the a/c cycle] allowing bubbles to free up that were statically attached to the plates.

I don't think there's been enough experimentation with electrolytes and electrolyte/ plate materials. The recent drop in the price of fuel will hurt progress but us diehards won't be satisfied until we have the equivalant mpg of $.30/gal.

Keep thinking, experimenting, tinkering... Tom Edison went through some 800 variations of the light bulb filiment until he hit pay dirt. Good Luck

I like trying new things thinking one of these days I will hit the perfect setup. I know amperage is important but it takes amperage to knock you on your butt or slam your head up against the hood and if you have ever gotten a hold of a coil wire while the car is running there is for sure a bunch of amperage. I run across a setup once in awhile where the guy says that at 12volts it does this but at 18 volts it does much more. I figured with all the voltage and who knows how much amperage I might be able to achieve some production without much load on the alternator.
That idea didn't work but I'm sure their will be others Smile
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

11-02-2008 09:11 PM
thomasbala Offline

realtyroy Wrote:
thomasbala Wrote:[quote=realtyroy]
REALTYROY:

I like trying new things thinking one of these days I will hit the perfect setup. I know amperage is important but it takes amperage to knock you on your butt or slam your head up against the hood and if you have ever gotten a hold of a coil wire while the car is running there is for sure a bunch of amperage. I run across a setup once in awhile where the guy says that at 12volts it does this but at 18 volts it does much more. I figured with all the voltage and who knows how much amperage I might be able to achieve some production without much load on the alternator.
That idea didn't work but I'm sure their will be others Smile
Roy

Roy:

There's very little amperage in that "hot" coil wire. Put a gauge on it; think of voltage as the pressure of electricity and amperage as the amount of electricity. Amperage is somewhat dynamic, usually being measured as a "draw" on an electrical device, like an electric motor. The coil voltage is about 50,000 volts; but amperage is less than 10.
11-02-2008 09:40 PM
benny Offline

realtyroy Wrote:I like trying new things thinking one of these days I will hit the perfect setup. I know amperage is important but it takes amperage to knock you on your butt or slam your head up against the hood and if you have ever gotten a hold of a coil wire while the car is running there is for sure a bunch of amperage.

Roy

Misconception on your part. High amperage is usually what kills, but the nervous system can and will react to currents in the uA to mA range. Note that dry skin is a fairly good insulator, making it reasonably save to handle live low voltage conductors. Anything above 110Vac is considered dangerous, although handling live 110V lines is NOT recommended.. DC? Much the same. Hence the reaction you mention to a belt from a 50KV ignition system.
Ignitions coils are not built for high current. They are constructed to provide a high voltage in order to enable a spark to jump across the spark gap of a spark plug. (Think this might be why they are called spark plugs) Any kind of high current in the spark generation would give high wattage dissipated across the spark gap, which, in turn, would very soon melt or erode the spark plug tip.
In addition, high voltage leakage might just be in the form of sparking. HHO is at least as explosive/volatile as gasoline(petrol)/air mix. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
You might want to rethink this approach to HHO generation.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2008 03:18 AM by benny.)
11-03-2008 03:03 AM
Thurman Offline

"I know amperage is important but it takes amperage to knock you on your butt or slam your head up against the hood and if you have ever gotten a hold of a coil wire while the car is running there is for sure a bunch of amperage." I think the biker guy I teed off one night was named "Amps", he sure acted as you have described high amperage. I believe his high was old No. 7 in the square bottle.
"The recent drop in the price of fuel will hurt progress but us diehards won't be satisfied until we have the equivalent mpg of $.30/gal." This is the belief I'm sticking with. I'm like a school kid in science class with this HHO generator building. I've had this belief in Hydrogen Gas for years and hoped someone, some company, can come up with a way to viably produce and store it for auto use. Thanks, David
11-03-2008 04:33 PM
JET USA Offline

Hi Had to comment after reading this thread. I have been reading the files related to running a car on plasma using an inverter [12v to 110vac] and a bunch of diodes to block the hv. ( I never heard of using hv in a hydrolizer, so all I can say is good luck)

look up [ s1r9a9m9 ] and a 1978 chev camaro. He claims to have put over 30 000 miles on it since conversion using water alone. I got no firsthand knowledge yet, but i am one of the di-hards that want to make it happen. Even if gas drops to 2 bucks. That era of time with $4.69 a gallon had me Hurting too....feeling the pinch. ^50$ for a tank full is over the top as unacceptable.

There are people doing that (running on water alone). It is still a mystery to most of us, but it isn't hho that he [ s1r9a9m9 ] is using. Somehow If I read it right, the hv coil fires a plasma stream of electric current at the plug sustained by the low [110v] rectified dc volts from a dc to ac inverter. The inductance of a couple of relays and the diodes make it work, setup [in the lines] at each of the spark plug wires.
maybe this should be in a new thread but here it is anyway.
JT Jim

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
11-04-2008 03:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

Thanks guys for the replies. I wasn't sure what to expect when I put this setup together but it didn't take very long and it didn't cost anything. This has become a hobby for me and even though it didn't do anything it was fun screwing around with it.

I figured if voltage is pressure and amps is the amount of pressure that any given devise will use to make it do its intended purpose that maybe with enough pressure it might carry a current from one plate to another. Obviously it isn't pressure that I need but it is everybody's experiments that evolve the world of HHO.

Thanks again for listening!
Roy

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster

2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

11-04-2008 10:20 AM